Need your talk or text logs?
FMA4's profile

15 Messages

Wednesday, November 29th, 2023 1:00 AM

Regular text come through, short numbered text do not

I get regular text messages, but I don't get messages that originate from a sort number, such as 2 factor authentication messages. 

Accepted Solution

15 Messages

2 months ago

Ok so it's finally working again. I was given these instructions "You'll need to navigate to Fix my wireless>Sign in to start. "  if you go to support on the att site and find fix wireless then messages (it won't mention short codes or 2 factor authentication) and select that you are not getting text messages, and continue that path you should get to a point where it will check your connection. 

When it checked mine it identified a problem (did not state what) but did something then had me restart and I'm back in business. Hope this helps

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

3 months ago

Call att.  They have to fix on their end

15 Messages

3 months ago

Thanks, I did and they gave me steps that didn't work, came here on a different post and got the same instructions. Received a DM  from a helper on my first post but missed it and was told to re-post.  Did that, and after a while a helper connected, but offered assistance to someone who commented on my post and not me. This is my 3rd post now hopefully a different experience. 

3 Messages

3 months ago

I'm too facing the same issue.

11 Messages

3 months ago

I'm having the same issue!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.