Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jan 15, 2009 4:37 AM

Closed

Recently upgraded to Unlimited texting however *data# still shows messages remaining

Sunday(1/11) we upgraded our family plan to unlimited texting for the whole plan, from the 200 that were just on my phone. Today(1/14), *data# says I have 36 remaining but we should have unlimited. Will I be charged if it goes over or will this automatically be corrected once the 200 run out? Also when upgrading and resigning the contract the contract the woman who was doing everything said her system did not show any indication of the 200/month addition on the plan, which had been added the month before, so could this be potentially part of the problem? Really my only question is will I be charged any overage even though we have unlimited texting, because I like texting but I do not want to cost my family anything extra.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Jgibson7

Guru

• 

591 Messages

12 years ago

Star services and online can take up to the next billing cycle to update and reflect your cuirrent features.

Hemingray

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

12 years ago

Unlimited should have no overage, because really, what are you going to go over on? I did the same and it showed me similar numbers, and we've upgraded to the MediaMAX unlimited package just yesterday.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be getting charged any overages or anything before I went over.

Vampredator

Guru

• 

983 Messages

12 years ago

To verify that you won't be charged any overages, you can go to your account page and check your features to verify that the new one is the one that appears on there.  (Sometimes the feature is set to not take effect until the start of the next bill cycle).  If the new feature is listed among your active features, then as previously noted, it'll be displayed after the bill cycle ends.  If it still shows the old one, you'll have to either make sure you don't go over until the change, or call Customer Care to have the effective date changed to today. 

Get started...

Ask a new question