S

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Jun 24, 2020 2:59 PM

Receiving Fraudulent, scamming Text messages

I keep getting Text messages from random numbers and email addresses. I just got one from: 1 (410) 100-006 Email: [email scrubbed]

I keep blocking these messages but they still keep coming. I did that att mobile protection and security feature that is free but now I seem to be getting more! I started getting these texts until I signed up for that att service. Ive had so many problems with att within the last few weeks and this is just out of control now. 

I am very nervous that my personal information has been compromised. 

Constructive

Employee

• 

28.6K Messages

2年前

they are spoofed numbers no one has your personal information that sends you texts,

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

58.7K Messages

Those are not spoofed numbers. Those are texts sent from email. The 410 numbers are used by ATT’s email to text gateway. Blocking those numbers does no good. All you can do is forward them to 7726 (spam). You will get a reply asking for the originating number. Reply with the email address. I have had success doing that.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

6 Messages

2年前

Well, according to AT&T spoof numbers are scams. They got my number somehow. Bottom line is, I want it to stop.
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.