Need your talk or text logs?
K

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, May 4th, 2021 8:40 PM

Overload of Spammers Through Messages

I need to know if there is a way to forward highly inappropriate spam messages, with (Edited per community guidelines)ually graphic wording, on to AT&T. 
Also is there a plan to come into the 21ST century in dealing with the weekly deluge and the multitude of these, that someone at AT&T will be sharing anytime soon??
Through another forum question the number 7726 was given, and when I tried using this number, it opens up a completely non-related contact from my address book and tries to forward it on to them. There’s absolutely no causal connection between the two!

The other forum also suggested sending it to abuse@att.net, yet that’s doesn’t appear to pop up as an option when I chose “share.” Actually nothing opens up at all. 

These group spam messages coming from email address are out of control. I’m above and beyond frustrated at this point, and I’m greatly disappointed that such a large company seems totally unconcerned and indifferent to the plight of their customers. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

The abuse@att.net address is for forwarding scam emails, not texts. The 7726 number is the correct number for forwarding spam texts. I have no idea why your phone sends to some other contact. 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

The 7726 number is correct , if you forward the spam text you’ll receive every time a text back immediately requesting that you send the number that sent the spam text  you text that number back and will thank you .  

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

That’s all good and wonderful, but if the number doesn’t work, than I’m still, not even back, at square A. I did a “test” text to the 7726 number and it definitely sent it to my friend’s  phone number.

Any other options available? 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

No, no other options. You are either doing something wrong or there is something wrong with that contact. Try deleting that contact, you can always recreate it.

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions but apparently none of these solve the original issues I mentioned. 
First off, I have deleted and recreated the contact a number of times, to no avail. 
Second, I mentioned the sender is not using a number to send these, but rather through an email address, so I guess it’s a moot point as to what is the correct number to send these to, since the response is to request the number they’re coming from. 
Third, I’ll just have to cut and paste the messages and send them through to the email and hope that works. 
At this point, I’m still at the beginning of this mess. No further along today, than when I originally asked the question. 
In the meantime, AT&T, stop sending me emails asking me to check the box that this problem has been solved because IT HASN’T! 
I know, here’s a novel idea. Why doesn’t someone from AT&T pick up the phone and actually reach out in genuine concern to help me solve this. But than again, I should know better, and realize I’m asking too much of AT&T. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.