For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
S

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 4th, 2022 12:06 AM

Not receiving verification codes

I have an iPhone 12 and my partner has an iPhone 13.  We are on a family plan together and we both recently stopped being able to receive verification codes.  This happened after we switched out to new SIM cards, due to a service interruption.  The new SIM cards fixed the service issue and we are able to receive all other texts & calls, but no codes, which are necessary for any 2-step verifications for things like bank accounts and logging into AT&T.  

3 trips to a store and 6 calls to customer service have not been able to resolve the issue.  Anyone have any ideas?  

• 

72 Messages

2 years ago

I've wasted hours on this.  I can't get into myatt.  I've been through Chat and transferred to 6 agents.  They made me change my password 3 times.  It won't let me in without a verification code that I never receive.  The last number they transferred me to was for activating my already activated phone. 

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am yet another AT&T user who is now experiencing the same problem.  I have had my iPhone 8 for years. The IOS is up to date. The network settings were reset. The phone was restarted.  Possible troublesome apps were checked. Nothing.  I can't arrange a wire transfer I need to make because I cannot receive an activation code! AT&T are you listening?  My husband has suggested a move to Verizon for years. I guess that is what I am going to have to do next.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Has anyone been able to fix this? I bought a brand new phone from Att. Within the first six months it crapped out, and since it was under warranty, they still sent me a new one. Verification codes worked just fine on the old one. They sent me the same exact phone, and now I can't even get into my bank accounts on my phone because I can't receive codes. Att has been the worst experience I have ever had in 30 years. Managers are never at the store, yet the employees can't do anything without them or "their access". Customer service speaks such broken English nothing can ever get done over the phone. I hate to be that person, but I'm seriously on the brink of contacting the BBB. I'm beginning to feel as if Att is just one big scam. Not to mention the first phone they sold me had to be returned because apparently its operating system just wasn't able to handle basic banking apps. THEN WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT!? Why are you selling an inoperable phone? And yes, they charged me a restocking fee. 

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My wife and I switched from Verizon to AT&T about a month ago, and we have had problems getting verification codes since. It worked fine on Verizon. Currently I can receive most of them. I was having problems getting them from Walmart, but as of yesterday I started to get them. I cannot get them from Facebook or Instagram no matter what I do. My phone number is correct, and they both say they've sent the code but I never receive them. If I try to make a new Facebook account with my number, fb says it's an invalid unreachable number. When I look up my phone number on the web, it says it's a Verizon number.

I have been on the phone, and live chat with AT&T for several hours over the last month, and around 3 hours yesterday, trying to get this resolved. They all tell me the settings on my account are correct, tried resetting my network settings and everything. I've tried texting HELP to 32665 (Facebook), to reset my carrier. Nothing works. If I had known what a hassle this was going to be, I would have just stayed with Verizon, at least my phone worked with them.

• 

72 Messages

2 years ago

The CEO's email is john.stankey@att.com Maybe if he gets enough complaints, he'll do something.

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Probably the most inept company I've ever seen.  Going back to Verizon like everyone else I know.  This is only one of many problems I've found with the company - all leading back to not caring the least about their customers after they've won the sale

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 years ago

File a complaint with the BBB and that will get someone from the Office of the President to contact you. I had the "no verification code" issue right after we switched our plan. It turned out that there was an error or misconfiguration of the account on the backend that took two engineers from the OoP's group to find, isolate, and fix. Been perfect since.

• 

72 Messages

2 years ago

I stumbled upon a list of the 5 worse companies regarding customer service.  Verizon was right after AT&T, so that may not be the answer.

• 

72 Messages

2 years ago

I'm up and running again, but I was just wondering.  In your profile for myatt, there is a spot for a recovery phone number.  What would happen if the number was removed and that field was left blank.   Would it use you recovery e-mail address?

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Call AT&T Tech Support and ask them to "re provision" the service on your number. Takes a couple of minutes for them to do it and then you need to shut down and restart your phones. Works!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.