For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
AJ5652's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, October 17th, 2014 3:55 AM

Not Receiving Text Messages

Today I hadn't really paid attention to my phone, but I realized people who usually reply to my texts hadn't replied all day.

I asked my dad why he didn't text me back, but he showed me where he had. A friend also told me that they had sent texts.

I have turned my phone off and back on, but I am not receiving any new messages, and I haven't all day. Please help!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

WHAT IS THE SOLUTION TO THIS?!?!?!?  It is really frustrating!!  before I switched to the Galaxy Note 7, I would receive texts and phone calls on my Gear S2 Classic even if the phone was off.  Now that I have the Note 7, when it is off ALL I GET ARE PHONE CALLS...NO TEXTS!!  PLEASE HELP!!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

It is about 9:00 am Wednesday September 14,2016  and I just received

8 texts from last Sunday September 11

1 text from yesterday September 13

1 text from three hours ago

2 texts from one hour ago

Very frustrating!! Has AT&T or anyone found a solution to this issue?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I lost all my txt messages from beggining of June 2016 till now on my sons fone *** is it possible to get an email at *** with all those txt or not possible. Please help us

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Really interesting at how many people are having this issue with not getting texts and been happening for over 2 years and there is STILL no solution! Great customer service AT&T!! FYI, that trouble shooting tool is nonsense. All you do is tell us to update our phones software and restart. YEP!! We're all DAs!! TYVM..

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

8 years ago

SMS messages are not a guaranteed delivery service.  Much like email,  the messages are sent out over the network, and many factors can keep them from reaching the final destination.  There is no guarantee that they will ever reach the desired destination, and they could be delayed by many different factors (like network nodes being down, nodes being overloaded and traffic being dropped, etc.). 

People like to assume that SMS is guaranteed delivery, but it is not.  Neither is email.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have constantly had this issue. And it has caused major problems. As said before with receiving and NOT receiving text messages that are very time sensitive and impprtant. I am talking about lawyers, cases, and other seious situations. Why hasn't this been resolved? Clearly, it is after an "update" that my entire phone including text messages, internet, and just typing on the key board is a hassele. I have to reboot/master reset/factor rest/hard reset my phone multiple time's just to get it to work. It is not my phone itself but the software it tries to run. I am positive At&t customers are extremely tiresome of the generic at&t response to reset our phone, it is not user error. It is obviously something to do with in At&t server's and software updates. It seems to be getting worse.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Finally found a solution!!   Verizon

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I had the same problem occur.  It took me about three days to figure out the root cause of the problem, but in the end, the solution was to delete all of my text history.  I even tried moving my sim card between two phones without success.  What I didn't realize that all of my text history was on both phones.  Something to try if you're trying to troubleshoot this issue.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

that answer is a joke. why do keep sending people there?

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hey AT&T,

most employers or managers these days send information via text. My family sends group texts out to one another to reach everyone periodically. So if my phone is off, and some sends me a text, and I turn my phone back on…I receive no missed text… EVER! Don’t you think maybe having this issue makes you look antiquated and under par compared to other carriers? My friends and family and everyone else wonder what the heck’s up with my service and (Edited per community guidelines) near don’t believe I didn’t receive the missed text after I turn my phone on. This is ridiculous. It’s 2021. To the best of my knowledge, no other major mobile phone carriers have this issue. What’s the deal? 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.