Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
ElBosco's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Oct 31, 2014 7:35 PM

No Texting My Wife

I could tect my wife (iPhone 5, AT&T) without problem (iPhone 4, AT&T) until I upgrade to IOS8.1. I've rebooted both devices and deleted the repsective text history, and rebooted again. Still the same problem. Can text to other people. Can still receive texts from my wife. But She doesn't get my tects even though they show "delivered." Any ideas?

Responses

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.7K Messages

7 y ago

Hello @ElBosco 

Are they showing as blue bubbles? Sounds like there might be an iMessage configuration issues. Try turning iMessage off to test it with regular text messaging (It's under Settings - Messages). While you're ion there, check your "Send & Receive" addresses, I suspect a problem might be in there, but to be honest, I don't know exactly what can be wrong. On my iPhone, I have 3 addresses, two are my emails (Gmail and iCloud) and another one is my phone number, my phone number is set as default for new conversations.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.7K Messages

7 y ago

One more thing, if regular texts work, and it's in fact an iMessage issue, you might need to contact Apple for more help if you can't get it to work.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question