Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Mon, Mar 19, 2018 10:24 PM

New Unlimited Data Plans vs. Grandfathered Plan

Can someone please explain the difference between the two new unlimited data plans and my grandfathered unlimited data plan? Does it make sense to switch, or should I stick with my grandfathered plan?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34K Messages

2 years ago

Both stream video in HD. The new plan offers stream saver but that can be turned off. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34K Messages

2 years ago

Presuming you mean the old unlimited plan that was discontinued years ago. The new plan is probably cheaper and includes free Mexico and Canada Roaming, hotspot and free HBO. There is no difference in data speeds or point at when data speeds might be slower. There are no corporate discounts on the new plan. Only military and autopay discounts are available. Unless you are paying significantly less for your grandfathered plan, there is no reason not to switch.

Now if you are talking about the plan that was just replaced, the new plus plan provides 5GB more of hotspot. Otherwise, except for costing more, that’s about it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks.  Both plans stream video in HD as well, or only my grandfathered plan?