Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

Wed, Aug 17, 2016 5:45 PM

New Mobile Share Advantage plans available Aug. 21 w/ NO data overages (unlimited data at 128 kbps)

New Mobile Share Advantage plans are available August 21, 2016. 

No automatic data overage charges, data drops to 128 kbps and I guess it's unlimited (but I'm thinking they are avoiding that term intentionally). 

Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 1.40.03 PM.png

From http://about.att.com/story/att_introduces_mobile_share_advantage.html

Interesting pricing.

Line charges look like they are $20 a line for all plans.  

• So some lower data plans look more expensive, but you save $5 a line. 
  • Higher data plans look cheaper, but you pay $5 more a line.
  • Looks like (comparing old to new) you'll pay more if you have 3 or more lines (the extra $5 add up), 2 lines is iffy what way it goes.

I'm glad that they got rid of the 300MB plan (with the $20 overages that only brought 300MB more), now for $5 more you get a 1GB plan (it's $10 more but the line fee is $5 less).

But with cheaper plans and higher line fees, people will lose out a little with their FAN discounts.

These are new announced plans, I'm comparing them to current (Aug. 17, 2016) published plans (not retention plans).

Still no Canada roaming built in, that's a little bit of a surprise to me...

Update: It looks like you can't buy additional data overage packs for these plans, it looks like you must pick the correct size or it just slows down (noit excited about that).

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

1 Attachment

Responses

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

@DJBeefdip

MyATT overview, view plan details. On the same line as "My Plans".

Or MyATT overview, click on Upgrade Data Limit, Under Current Plan(provided you changed to one of the new ones) view price details. 

DJBeefdip

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

4 years ago

@FormerEmp

your right, thanks!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

@DJBeefdip

No problem.

DJBeefdip

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

4 years ago

do the new plans effect tethering? 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46K Messages

4 years ago

No. Tethering/hotspot is allowed, the same as the old plans. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

@DJBeefdip

Nope. Same as before. I do wish they would allow tethering on the unlimited plan though. Maybe 5GB/month or something along those lines. I would consider switching to unlimited if they did.

jt212s

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

4 years ago

@Gary L I previously had the 10gb retentions offer but I only used 5 or so gigs a month. So the 5gb plan at $75 from before was cutting it too close especially if an overage occurred but the 10gb was $95. This way I'm paying $80, so $15 less than the 10gb but no rolling over 3-4gb I'll never use every month and no $15 overage on the 5gb plan that would make it $90 too if I went over. It's just kinda a sweet spot for me. I do wish they made them more attractive for families but for me it works.
Justin

If this solved your problem, please consider accepting this as the solution so that it can help others in the future. Please remember that this is a customer forum and all of the answers we provide are through our own research, experience, or personal knowledge.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Did anyone here ever get the "bonus data" that some customers automatically received earlier in the year? I'm asking because I changed my plan to a new Advantage plan today and it's still showing on my account. So I have the new plan and the extra 2GB of bonus data. Works for me!

I have 2 days left in my billing cycle. Hopefully it won't be removed after the new cycle starts. In the past, features would get removed by changing to a newer/different plan.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.5K Messages

4 years ago

@FormerEmp

Verizon took away all the bonus data it gave customers over the holidays for upgrading phones of they switch to the new plan.  Stinkers.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

iphoneguy86

Mentor

• 

96 Messages

4 years ago

So I determined that it's cheaper for me to stay on the plan I have. The newer plans are substantially more expensive for me and come with less, then again I have a retention offered Promo plan with 60 GB and get a generous 30 % off with my work discount, so for 60 GB and all the Mobile Share Value features as well as $15.00 per line it's about $140 cheaper for me to keep more data and stay where I am. I mean the plans were designed very well but if there was gonna be an increase even by $5.00 on the line access charges then data costs should go down a bit. $375+ for the 80 GB bucket is excessive in my opinion. If you select buckets 60 and over you should get like cheaper line access or something. I have 10 lines on my account so....I need all the data I can get but I bill out $600+ per month and I also have 10 Next Installment Plans so in a way yes I am paying for what I am getting but on the other hand the newer Advantage plans aren't much of an advantage not for me anyways. In unrelated topics-to all those posting about T-Mobile and Verizon being better. You are entitled to your opinions but I would just say this is an AT&T Community Forum so I think your posting in the wrong place. Besides- although I do believe that T-Mobile shook up with the industry with a lot of changes primarily influenced from Europe they're offering so much I don't see them financially remaining successful. You can tell in their stocks and other ways. Secondly, as much as I admire their spunk AT&T's coverage is bar none-and I live in a smaller town not a major city, generally where folks see reduction in coverage even with Wi-Fi Calling it's still spotty, and I would pay extra to avoid that. Folks talking about Verizon- financially your being slammed and although coverage is solid perhaps the strongest their quality control went to garbage and they've sold out to a lot of vendors so their customer care people are borderline incompetent. Not only that but since they are a CDMA carrier predominantly you can only voice and data under certain LTE conditions-on AT&T I can turn on hotspot for my son's iPad, browse the web, and be on a phone call. Maybe other GSM providers can do that but I pay a premium price for a premium service and want premium capabilities. I don't think I could have a carrier that can't handle those capabiliIties.

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

Why is the abilty to TEXT anyone in canada on the Advantage plan only at the 15 gig data tear?? 

why can't it be at the 1 gig tear??  

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.5K Messages

4 years ago

@Caretaker1379

Its included for data plans 10 GBs and up.  The previous roaming plans were the same way.  

Why?  Because they are paying more every month.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Get started...

Ask a new question