Need your talk or text logs?
bigstein77's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, April 15th, 2015 12:34 PM

Closed

my phone is adding an extra 1 before phone numbers on text messages

hi i need help with fixing my phone. this problem started today. when some one textes me its comes up with the area code and the 7 didget phone number but it doesnt look like this +1 5** *******. it comes up as +115*********. i try and text to the number but it wont let me so i have to go to my old messages with the person in order to send them a text message. please help this is very frustrating.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am having the same issue.  I don't know how to fix it but it is when I am sending text messages to any provider other than At&t.  My friend has verizon and when I respond to her message it is adding the 2 extra 11 at the beginning of the message.  When I respond to my friend with at&t it is not doing this

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

It does not appear so yet. I'm just glad it's a problem everyone is having
and not just a phone problem. Hopefully they get it fixed so we can all go
about our days

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

When I receive a text from a known contact it has a country code of +11. Example 555-555-5555 is the known contact. When they send me a message it shows up in a new message with the number +115555555555. Not sure why this is and it is very inconvenient.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

i have a galaxy mega 2 and when this 1 number i text and they reply it comes back with a extra 1 in front and i have to start a whole new text, how do i fix this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I stated having the same issues at about 6am in Buffalo NY. Seems to be working ok when txting other att numbers though. If I try and text back the "+1" number i get an error message from 121611611.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Edit - It seems to be fixed on my S5.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I have a Note3.   Started for me this morning (15th).   From ATT customers it is fine.  I have had the +11 in front of the numbers from both Sprint and US Cellular customers texting me.   Very frustrating......reply to text and just have it bounce back as invalid.   Deleting thread and starting fresh every message works, but what a pain.   PLEASE FIX......and it would be nice to know how this happened.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Okay so basically what you need to do is wait for ATT to fix the problem, they are completely aware and they're fixing it.

When you text your person, make sure that its a new message, when the +11************* number texts you, keep replying in the message YOU created, not the message with the +11 in it.

Hope this helps (:

@bigstein77 wrote:

hi i need help with fixing my phone. this problem started today. when some one textes me its comes up with the area code and the 7 didget phone number but it doesnt look like this +1 5** *******. it comes up as +115*********. i try and text to the number but it wont let me so i have to go to my old messages with the person in order to send them a text message. please help this is very frustrating.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

@bigstein77 wrote:

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I've had issues recently texting my girlfriend. It continues to pop up with invalid 10 digit number messages when I text her. I've gone as far as to hard reset my phone and no luck. Is there anyone who knows how to fix this

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I'm getting a message every time I send a text that it is an invalid phone number it's NEVER done that before ONLY this morning. WHY and CAN U fix it.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.