Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
bigstein77

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Apr 15, 2015 12:34 PM

my phone is adding an extra 1 before phone numbers on text messages

hi i need help with fixing my phone. this problem started today. when some one textes me its comes up with the area code and the 7 didget phone number but it doesnt look like this +1 5** *******. it comes up as +115*********. i try and text to the number but it wont let me so i have to go to my old messages with the person in order to send them a text message. please help this is very frustrating.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Responses

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks...already disabled so...Kev,

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

How about specifically on Android 4.1.2?

Other makes and models with different operating systems and versions also have this issue?  This is a common problem across many brands and operating systems.  Each will have its own method of getting rid of this issue so instructions must be exact for each phone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Put 011 in front of all international (outside of US & Canada numbers), and phone will not add the 1 necessary for US & CANADA. If the 011 is not there it will add the 1.  011 designates INTERNATIONAL, other than US & Canada.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I noticed a number that frequently calls me comes thru with an extra 1 in the beginning,  so the number shows +11 then the area code and so forth and when it does,  the party calling cannot hear me.  Very frustrating.  Why does it do this? 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Robocall.  Block them and forget them.  You'll miss nothing. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

My situation is somewhat different. I get a regular call from my husband
whos in Ohio, the number comes in +1 419xxx-xxxx. Sometimes it shows up
+11 419xxx-xxxx in which he cannot hear me. I was trying to find out why
this happens as it's very frustrating.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This is not solved. FYI.... still an issue. Samsung S7.... 

• 

2 Messages

I have the S7 also.  Did you ever figure out how to resolve this issue?  I am amazed that after 5 years and 11 pages of everyone having the same problem, that still there is no way to fix this issue.  If you have found a solution (besides getting a new phone and a different carrier) please share, this is driving me crazy!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I haven't noticed it in a few days but it was almost every day that a
particular incoming call would show thru as +11 and those calls the caller
couldn't hear me.....just weird

Get started...

Ask a new question