Need your talk or text logs?
21stNow's profile

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 6:26 PM

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@howard500 wrote:

Wait, wait..... whaaaat? $40 for 1GB of data? $90 for 6GB? Have you gone completely and irreversibly mad?  My wife currently pays $25 for 2GB of data and now you are asking for $40 for 1GB of shared data?  Mad is not the correct word, you are common thugs!  No where in the developed world is such a basic service so ridiculously inflated.  AT&T would not survive a day in Europe with these prices. Internet access prices go down with time, not up!

Regulators and consumer protection agencies should utterly and completely dismantle this abusive telecom oligopoly that we live in, and in doing so, invite a frenzy of competition against this nonsense. 

Rgrds.

P.d. The same goes to home internet access but that's a story for different day. 

drop the cost of voice and texting, both unlimited and included in the base cost of the plan - aka the 1GB for 40.00, you add the two together and you are paying less. At least they are cheaper then verizon and not forcing you into the plan, it is optional for att

shared.PNG

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

12 years ago

@howard500 wrote:

Wait, wait..... whaaaat? $40 for 1GB of data? $90 for 6GB? Have you gone completely and irreversibly mad? My wife currently pays $25 for 2GB of data and now you are asking for $40 for 1GB of shared data? Mad is not the correct word, you are common thugs! No where in the developed world is such a basic service so ridiculously inflated. AT&T would not survive a day in Europe with these prices. Internet access prices go down with time, not up!

Regulators and consumer protection agencies should utterly and completely dismantle this abusive telecom oligopoly that we live in, and in doing so, invite a frenzy of competition against this nonsense. 

Rgrds.

P.d. The same goes to home internet access but that's a story for different day. 

They are not forcing this change to your current plan.  Technically it is not costing you a dime more since you get to keep your current plan.  After you contract is up go elsewhere if you dont like the prices.  Not sure why its such a big deal?

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Just joined the group community and have a question, sorry if it's already been asked.  I just joined AT&T a few months ago, and my current bill with 2 OneX's runs $222 and change. I have 1400 minute plan with an additional phone along with the $30 unlimited m2m and text, and the 3gb data with each phone.  If I were to chose the 6gb mobile share plan, I should be saving around $40 per month by my calculations.  Anyone else with this plan confirm this? 

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

12 years ago

I have been following this thread since about page two, and I know there's quite a few questions that have been answered about the FAN Discount, but as of today, I have gotten two different answers, and I don't like being misled, so let's try to get this right.  Because if I change, and I know there's no returning, I don't want some sorry apologize.  I have worked for AT&T previously, and I know how it goes when a Rep makes an error.  So here goes.  I have been told FAN Discount applies to one Smartphone, in my case the 1GB Plan @ $45, and a different Rep told be the FAN Discount applies to both Smartphones that I will have on my plan @ $90.  For example, 18% x $45 vs. 18% x $90.  Which is it?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@mjmbluford wrote:

@I have been following this thread since about page two, and I know there's quite a few questions that have been answered about the FAN Discount, but as of today, I have gotten two different answers, and I don't like being misled, so let's try to get this right.  Because if I change, and I know there's no returning, I don't want some sorry apologize.  I have worked for AT&T previously, and I know how it goes when a Rep makes an error.  So here goes.  I have been told FAN Discount applies to one Smartphone, in my case the 1GB Plan @ $45, and a different Rep told be the FAN Discount applies to both Smartphones that I will have on my plan @ $90.  For example, 18% x $45 vs. 18% x $90.  Which is it?

the response here

http://forums.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Mobile-Share-Questions/m-p/3257527#M59032

from @jamileh states that it will ONLY be applied to the base shared data, not to any of the devices. Would take jamileh's answer as the correct one personally

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

12 years ago

I understand NOT the devices themselves. So you're saying the base price of one device, in my case?  Even rereading Jamileh's explanation, it seems as though the FAN discount will apply to the overall price of the data plan, in my case $90.  This is what I meant when I stated I got two different answers from AT&T Reps.  I will be having two Smartphones, so from my understanding, I will be getting a discount on the $90 under the 1GB Data Plan as I have two Smartphones I want on the Mobile Share Plan.

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

12 years ago

So if i go the 1 GB route on mobile share the NAN discount applies to the $40 + $45?

no discount for my iPad $10 charge?

Is this correct?

Also why does Department of the Navu only get a 15% discount when all these others talk of 24% discouns? Even ATT gets 18%.

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

12 years ago

ANy one checked yet that have FAN discounts how will these discounts be applied to the new shared data plans ?

thanks

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@gt1948 wrote:

So if i go the 1 GB route on mobile share the NAN discount applies to the $40 + $45?

no discount for my iPad $10 charge?

Is this correct?

Also why does Department of the Navu only get a 15% discount when all these others talk of 24% discouns? Even ATT gets 18%.

you are correct, the device does not get the discount

As far as percentages that is negotiated between the organization providing the discount and att, it can vary tremendously depending on the contract they agreed to.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@trido wrote:

ANy one checked yet that have FAN discounts how will these discounts be applied to the new shared data plans ?

thanks

it was answered over in this thread

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Mobile-Share-Questions/td-p/3256021/highlight/false

by @jamileh Only the base data plan gets the discount, the devices do not

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.