Need your talk or text logs?
21stNow's profile

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 6:26 PM

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

12 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@schafga wrote:

Hello -

I am hopeful that someone might be able to help with my question.  As such, I have 5 lines on a family plan and we really need unlimited minutes (we do not use more than 5GB of data per month in total).  So, moving to the new shared mobile plans make sense in that we will have unlimited minutes and enough data to share.  But here is my question...when AT&T moves voice calls over to VoLTE (which I read will happen in 2013), will that start using my data plan?  If so, I will no longer have "unlimited minutes."   If that is the case, maybe I should keep my current unlimited data plan as once VoLTE rolls out I would technically lose my unlimited minutes.  OR, will VoLTE usage be calculated separately from your data plan.  Thanks so much!!!

According to reports that I have seen it is not even scheduled for start og roll out till sometime in 2013 and will probalby be rolled out in major locations a few at the time just like the current LTE technology, heck there are still places that don;t have decent 3G coverage,  doubt this will be a concern for a few years. As far as your unlimited plan. Any answer given here would be pure speculation.

rememebr it is capped at 3GB, after 3GB it is throttled down, again suspect that this will not be around for to much longer. Was actually surprised that att did not follow verizon's handling of their grandfathered unlimited plan when they rolled out shared data - want a subsidized phone, they drop your unlimited, want to keep unlimited then pay full price for the phone and you can

Actually, for folks with LTE phones that still have the unlimited data, throttling does not kick in until 5GB but since he's talking about the shared data plan with unlimited talk and text, there is no throttling. If you use up your shared data, you buy another chunk, just like the metered data plans.

I doubt anyone knows at this point for sure but I doubt that any VoLTE calls will count against your data plan. Once VoLTE is fully rolled out, basically everything you do over the phone will be data and if they don't distinguish between VoLTE data,  sms/mms data and all other data, the whole unlimited talk and text will become meaningless. Consequently, I fully expect none of that type of data (voice and text) will count against the shared data.

Former Employee

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

1) HSPA+ and LTE are two forms of 4G.

2) Just as with all of the current plans, there is no additional fee to changeplans or features. Changing in mid-cycle will likely cause proration, but that's normal.

3) AT&T is not extending your contract for switching plans, nor are they making you change plans, unlike Verizon.

4) The are very few things that will extend your upgrade eligibility, and changing a plan isn't one of them.

Mentor

• 

66 Messages

12 years ago

I presume you could but I don't see the point.

Scholar

• 

30 Messages

12 years ago

You forgot another smartphone.

Isn't it $70 for the plan then 2 smartphones so $80 and $10 for the tablet....so thats $160 for the new plan?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@shoman94 wrote:

You forgot another smartphone.

Isn't it $70 for the plan then 2 smartphones so $80 and $10 for the tablet....so thats $160 for the new plan?

price out the competitors.....

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

Maybe three of the lines have unlimited data and the OP wants to keep that option available...

Scholar

• 

30 Messages

12 years ago

I don't care about the competitors. All I know is I've been with AT&T for 15 yrs and the plans just get less and less appealing.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@shoman94 wrote:

I don't care about the competitors. All I know is I've been with AT&T for 15 yrs and the plans just get less and less appealing.

unlike the competiters you are not being forced into this transistion, you have the choice of staying with your current plan or moving. Key words are you have the option. Not really sure why anyone expected the shared data plan to be cheap, but they can save money for a certain line of customers, one size does not fit all. For me they are ot worth it, I will stay with what I have currently, the price of the shared data is about what I expected it to be, maybe a little lower back when it was still a rumor

Voyager

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

If i signed up for mobile share plan can i use it as Personal Hotspot on iphone ??

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Yes, all Mobile Share plans include mobile hotspot on applicable devices (of which the iPhone is one).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.