Need your talk or text logs?
21stNow's profile

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 6:26 PM

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Guru

• 

294 Messages

10 years ago

@mrbofus wrote:

Now of course, the question remains as to whether the new Mobile Share Value pricing can be applied to existing customers that are on contract.  From what I've read online, some people seem to say it can, but that doesn't make sense since the lower pricing is for unsubsidized equipment (no contract) only.  I've been dreading the long phone call with AT&T so I've been holding off on that. 

It has been confirmed that existing customers on contract get that pricing. I have all 6 lines on contract and pay 15 dollars for each line above the 10 gb charge. 

Are FamilyTalk customers who migrate to a Mobile Share Value 10GB or higher plan before 2/2/14 also eligible to receive the $25 Mobile Share Value savings credit discount?

Yes, all Mobile Share Value Plan smartphone lines with an annual service contract effective prior to February 2, 2014 are eligible for the $25 credit. This also includes customers on a two year service agreement.

from FAQ on https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=2a4Dz7V0QtS

You will lose that $25 credit if you choose to sign up for an additional 2 year contract though. 

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

@ujmnz wrote:

It has been confirmed that existing customers on contract get that pricing. I have all 6 lines on contract and pay 15 dollars for each line above the 10 gb charge. 

Are FamilyTalk customers who migrate to a Mobile Share Value 10GB or higher plan before 2/2/14 also eligible to receive the $25 Mobile Share Value savings credit discount?

Yes, all Mobile Share Value Plan smartphone lines with an annual service contract effective prior to February 2, 2014 are eligible for the $25 credit. This also includes customers on a two year service agreement.

from FAQ on https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=2a4Dz7V0QtS

You will lose that $25 credit if you choose to sign up for an additional 2 year contract though. 

I guess I'm confused on a couple of items.  

1) Is Mobile Share Value different from Mobile Share?  I thought the plans used to be called just Mobile Share and that the new option for off-contract pricing was called Mobile Share Value.  Or have they renamed any and all Mobile Share plans to Mobile Share Value?

2) Does the $25 per line credit apply automatically or do we need to call in to get the new discounted pricing?  The wording in their FAQ seems to imply that it might apply automatically.  The FAQ you posted just says we "are eligible" which doesn't imply that but the question before that says we "will receive" the credit.  But then in response to the question of "How does the launch of Mobile Share Value plans affect existing customers?",  the answer is, "Existing customers can move to the Mobile Share Value plans or they can remain on their current plan, whatever works best for them.", which seems to says that it will not happen automatically.  

Does anyone know if the credit happens automatically if you're on a 10GB+ Mobile Share plan or do we have to call in?  It would be nice if it was automatic, but that's probably too good to be true.

Guru

• 

294 Messages

10 years ago

1. Mobile share is different from the mobile share value. The older mobile share gives you more of a discount on your phones the higher the data plan is. The mobile share value gives you a discount on lines with no contract.

2. The $25 dollar credit only applies if you're on a mobile share value plan over 10 gb. I called in last saturday to be changed to the mobile share value plan so that I automatically start getting the credit when it started on Sunday. The credit is there automatically long as you're on a mobile share value plan above 10 gb. If your contracts started before feb 2, then you'll still get the same $25 credit.  

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

@ujmnz wrote:

1. Mobile share is different from the mobile share value. The older mobile share gives you more of a discount on your phones the higher the data plan is. The mobile share value gives you a discount on lines with no contract.

2. The $25 dollar credit only applies if you're on a mobile share value plan over 10 gb. I called in last saturday to be changed to the mobile share value plan so that I automatically start getting the credit when it started on Sunday. The credit is there automatically long as you're on a mobile share value plan above 10 gb. If your contracts started before feb 2, then you'll still get the same $25 credit.  

1.  How come they don't delineate the two?  Both options show up under Mobile Share Value now.

2.  So if you have a 10GB plan, you don't qualify for the discount?  On their website, they show the 10GB plan as being able to get the $25 per line credit.  Or am I reading the website incorrectly?

Guru

• 

294 Messages

10 years ago

You only get that special pricing on 10gb plan or higher. So you need minimum of 10gb.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

@ujmnz wrote:
You only get that special pricing on 10gb plan or higher. So you need minimum of 10gb.

Ah, ok.  That's what I thought, but in your previous post, you said we only got the credit if we had a plan "over 10GB" or "above 10GB", so I thought I might have misunderstood something.  I guess I will give customer service a call today then.  Hopefully I won't have to be on the phone forever, though I'm guessing a bunch of people are probably calling to get the lower pricing, so I'm not too optimistic about the hold times.  And hopefully this won't mess up the FAN discount.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I currently have five lines on a family plan. Two phones are blackberry and the other three are just basic. Before actually switching, I wanted to see what my monthly charges would potentially be so I clicked switch to Mobile Share and selected the 10 GB plan and scrolled down to the list of the phones. The $15 per month charge was listed next to only four of the lines. One of the lines has $0 per month listed. This does not seem right. Should not all five lines be listed at $15 a month? Is the system simply not correctly adjusting the charge for this line? I certainly do not want to switch over and find one of the lines being charged at a different rate. If it helps, the fifth line was added to the family plan at a later date than the initial four.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

@aequitatis wrote:

I currently have five lines on a family plan. Two phones are blackberry and the other three are just basic. Before actually switching, I wanted to see what my monthly charges would potentially be so I clicked switch to Mobile Share and selected the 10 GB plan and scrolled down to the list of the phones. The $15 per month charge was listed next to only four of the lines. One of the lines has $0 per month listed. This does not seem right. Should not all five lines be listed at $15 a month? Is the system simply not correctly adjusting the charge for this line? I certainly do not want to switch over and find one of the lines being charged at a different rate. If it helps, the fifth line was added to the family plan at a later date than the initial four.

I would recommend calling and talking to someone; they will be able to give you a more definitive answer on your plan and what the future charges will be.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

I wanted to report that I just spoke with customer service and scheduled the change to the new Mobile Share Value plan for my next bill cycle (I didn't want to have to deal with any of the prorated bill stuff).  For five smartphones with 10GB of data, we'll be paying only about $175 after taxes and FAN discount, which is about $100 less than what we're paying now!  (Assuming nothing gets glitched in the billing system, fingers crossed.)  That is a HUGE discount, and kudos to AT&T to doing something nice for their current customers!

Scholar

• 

187 Messages

10 years ago

Kinda late to the party.  I have had the regular mobile share plan for 2 months now with 6 gigs of data.  I have a 17% FAN discount that only applies to the data part which with my current plan is $80.  I get 17% off the 80 but no discount on the two phones I have at $40 per phone per month.  I am switching to the mobile share value plan at the end of this billing cycle and and obviously going up to the 10 gig plan which is $100, and i will get 17% off the $100 but no discount on the two phone charges of $15 each.  I talked to two different customer service reps and they both confirmed this so we will see, but I believe it will be exactly as they said because that's exactly what happened for the first two months on the mobile share plan I currently have.

I also don't think all FAN discounts are the same becuase when I had the family share plan for years, I used to get 17% off the main charge and for my phone, and the wife's phone got no discount, and then a year or so ago that changed and there was no discount on the phone charges.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.