Need your talk or text logs?
21stNow's profile

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 6:26 PM

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Voyager

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Jamileh and/or Wingrider01, or anyone else who may know...

I read through this thread, but I haven't found this addressed yet.  I will be getting a Mobile Share plan, and adding 2 lines (for soon to be AT&T customers) for 2 of my family members.  They live in a different state than me... I was advised they will not be able to keep their existing local phone numbers (with the area code in their own state) and would have to receive brand new phone numbers with an area code that MATCHES my phone #'s area code.  Is that accurate?  It seems very strange if it is... and if it is, can I ask, why?

I can't imagine I'm the only person in the US who has family members who don't live in the same state as me who all want to be on one single "Mobile Share" plan -- AND keep their existing phone numbers. 

Please help, it's greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I would love to know the answer to this. I have one Blackberrry using Enterprise, one other smart phone and one basic phone, plus an iPad. Is mobile share an option?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Limitless wrote:

Jamileh and/or Wingrider01, or anyone else who may know...

I read through this thread, but I haven't found this addressed yet.  I will be getting a Mobile Share plan, and adding 2 lines (for soon to be AT&T customers) for 2 of my family members.  They live in a different state than me... I was advised they will not be able to keep their existing local phone numbers (with the area code in their own state) and would have to receive brand new phone numbers with an area code that MATCHES my phone #'s area code.  Is that accurate?  It seems very strange if it is... and if it is, can I ask, why?

I can't imagine I'm the only person in the US who has family members who don't live in the same state as me who all want to be on one single "Mobile Share" plan -- AND keep their existing phone numbers. 

Please help, it's greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

that is accurate, residential service has to have numbers in the same locality - aka area code. Business accounts can have them in various area codes.

No idea why, but those are the requirements.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

12 years ago

@jamileh wrote:

I just received verification that FAN discounts will be applied to shared data. 

Your discount will apply to the cost of actual data plan but not to the cost of adding devices to the plan. 

We can't have a data plan without a data device, right?  I'm confused as to why the FAN discount wouldn't apply to at least one device, if not all devices. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@mrbofus wrote:

@jamileh wrote:

Your discount will apply to the cost of actual data plan but not to the cost of adding devices to the plan. 

We can't have a data plan without a data device, right?  I'm confused as to why the FAN discount wouldn't apply to at least one device, if not all devices. 

just like on the current data plans the fan only applied to the 50.00 one unless there are special provisions in your companies agreement with ATT, they decided to only offer it on the data plan and not the device

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

12 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@mrbofus wrote:

@jamileh wrote:

just like on the current data plans the fan only applied to the 50.00 one unless there are special provisions in your companies agreement with ATT, they decided to only offer it on the data plan and not the device

I checked my bill and I have the $25/2GB data plan and I get a discount on that, in addition to getting a discount on the minutes.

However, given people's reports of FAN disounts not applying, I guess I'll wait a month or two to see how things shake out.

Guru

• 

552 Messages

12 years ago

@wingrider I think 21stnow is confused about the part that says "You can have more
than one Mobile Share group per account."

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I'd also like to know about BlackBerrys on the Mobile Share plan. I don't need the enterprise server support, but I need to get email. I don't know if the BlackBerry data plans work any differently or not.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

The service discount will still apply to the charge of the data bucket. For example, a 10GB mobile share value plan having $100.00 charge for the data bucket with a 20% service discount will have a $20.00 credit as the service discount. This is on top of the $25.00 credit that you will be receiving for each smart phone active on the plan for your account. - Hope this helps. ^_^

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

I can also confirm that the FAN discount does apply to the data bucket, but not anything else.  For us, it was still beneficial to switch (5 smartphones on our plan) since the pricing ended up being the same despite the FAN only applying to part of the monthly bill.  Two of the lines were regularly using less than 1GB of data and 2 of the lines were regularly using more so it made more sense to share data so that we were paying for what we were actually using.  We also got the not-necessary-for-us-but-nice-to-have-the-option benefits of the included mobile hotspot feature.

For me, I ended up calling customer service since I didn't want to risk anything going wrong by changing the plan online myself and losing the FAN discount because of some weird computer glitch.  It took nearly an hour on the phone to get everything switched over (there were some billing issues because AT&T had done some weird stuff on one of the lines when it upgraded to an iPhone 5s), but in the end it worked out.

Now of course, the question remains as to whether the new Mobile Share Value pricing can be applied to existing customers that are on contract.  From what I've read online, some people seem to say it can, but that doesn't make sense since the lower pricing is for unsubsidized equipment (no contract) only.  I've been dreading the long phone call with AT&T so I've been holding off on that. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.