Need your talk or text logs?
Tanew7's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 11th, 2014 11:15 PM

Mobile share on cruise ship

Just got mobile share with unlimited talk and text worldwide. Can I talk and text while on cruise to carribean and Mexico to those at home and on cruise with me? Can I receive calls and text with no charge?

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Tanew7 wrote:

Just got mobile share with unlimited talk and text worldwide. Can I talk and text while on cruise to carribean and Mexico to those at home and on cruise with me? Can I receive calls and text with no charge?

Most likely not.  There aren't may cellular towers in the Carribean, at least where your cruise ship should be.  You may be able to use international roaming while in port or on on land, but that is not free.  While I have never been on a cruise ship myself, I am told that the internet connections are very expensive and very slow.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@Tanew7 wrote:

Your plan only covers you when you are on ATT's network. Anytime you are not on ATT's network you will be subject to international charges. The good news is that incoming texts, even when roaming, are free. Be advised that international data charges are very high ($20 per MB). Either get an international data package or make sure you have data roaming turned off. 

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Tanew7,

As the previous posters have stated this is only domestic to international text messaging. While you are romaing overseas any text messages you receive are free and part of your Mobile Share Value plan. Any messages that you send back would be considered international roaming. 

Roaming on a Cruise Ship is a different package than roaming in a country. Our packages only support a handful of ships. You can find more information on Cruise ship roaming Here and more on the Crusie Ship Roaming Packages Here.

The Carribean would be considered "Rest of the World" and you can see those packages Here.

Hope this helps!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.