For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
blumesan's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, October 14th, 2015 4:22 AM

mms & sms messages, correct address?

I have succeeded in sending text messages to and from a desktop computer from and to my mobil phone:

1.  Using desktop computer and any e-mail program, address the e-mail to:

[mobil phone 10 digit number]@mms.att.net; 

results in successful delivery of a text message.

2.  However if one addresses the e-mail to:

[mobil phone 10 digit number]@txt.att.net; 

delivery fails and the message is lost in the ether.

3.  Using mobil phone message function address the message to:

recipients e-mail address; the messsage is properly delivered to the e-mail recipient's in-box.  On examination however, the sender of the message is identified as:

[mobil phone 10 digit number]@txt.att.net. 

As a result attempting to simply "reply" to this message results in failure; just as in example #2 above.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @blumesan

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues sending email as text. It’s possible that you need to update your email-to-text Message Preferences.

We have a few great resources that should be able to answer all your questions and concerns.  The first is the support article that explains the different addresses and how to send messages to them.  The other is our support article that goes into detail about the AT&T Messaging Features.

To use the Message Preferences site, you must first register to create an account:

1. Go to the Message Preferences Registration page.
  2. Enter a 4-8 character password in the Password field, and then re-enter it in the Password Confirmation field.
  3. Select a question from the Security Question drop-down list, and then enter an answer for it in the Security Answer field.
  4. Under Additional information, enter your 10-digit wireless number in the field provided.
  5. Select the box to accept the Terms and Conditions.
  6. Select Next to receive a text message with a numeric code you can use to complete the registration process.
  7. When you receive your registration code via text message, enter it in the field provided on the Registration Number page.
  8. Select Submit to create your Message Preferences account.

Please feel free to post any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Michelle

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you.

I have successfully registered (as you describe), and am able to open my Message Preference Page.  I now need to know exactly what message preferences I must select in order to solve the problem I described.  Please note that the address shown on that page is, in fact, my 10 digit mobil phone number followed by "@txt.att.net"  However as mentioned in my first post, e-mail posted using that address never arrives at my mobil phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.