Need your talk or text logs?
Confused-Yay's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 3:54 AM

Minute Packages for Go Phone

Recently, I purchased a $25 go phone prepaid card. I then used it to purchase the unlimited texting for 1 month package, for $19.99. This left me with $5.01. So I then dialed 611 again, this time, went to the minute packages. The automated system told me there is one package available. The package that has 250 minutes for 5 dollars. 

So I did the math to see how much I would save.. If I used the standard flat rate, at 10 cents a minute, I would get 50 minutes with what I had left. If I purchased the package, I would obviously be getting 250 minutes, for 2 cents a minute. I assumed that when they system tells me that I can use these minutes for long distance, and calls to other countries, that I could use them to make phone calls to numbers in the United States.

So when I was going to talk to a friend on the phone, she told me that she called, but got no answer. I then attempted to call her. And it told me that my balance was too low. I checked my feature packages, it said I had 250 minutes remaining to be used. I tried to call my home phone, same thing.

So my question is this. Is the ONLY minute package really only able to be used to make calls to INTERNATIONAL numbers? And if so, then first of all, why are there no other options besides the flat rate. And secondly, why don't they tell you explicitly, YOU CANNOT MAKE CALLS TO NUMBERS INSIDE THE US WITH THESE MINUTES?

I am wondering if I just wasted 5 dollars, and why in the world would I only be able to use these minutes on international calls...

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

11 years ago

@Confused-Yay wrote:

Recently, I purchased a $25 go phone prepaid card. I then used it to purchase the unlimited texting for 1 month package, for $19.99. This left me with $5.01. So I then dialed 611 again, this time, went to the minute packages. The automated system told me there is one package available. The package that has 250 minutes for 5 dollars. 

So I did the math to see how much I would save.. If I used the standard flat rate, at 10 cents a minute, I would get 50 minutes with what I had left. If I purchased the package, I would obviously be getting 250 minutes, for 2 cents a minute. I assumed that when they system tells me that I can use these minutes for long distance, and calls to other countries, that I could use them to make phone calls to numbers in the United States.

So when I was going to talk to a friend on the phone, she told me that she called, but got no answer. I then attempted to call her. And it told me that my balance was too low. I checked my feature packages, it said I had 250 minutes remaining to be used. I tried to call my home phone, same thing.

So my question is this. Is the ONLY minute package really only able to be used to make calls to INTERNATIONAL numbers? And if so, then first of all, why are there no other options besides the flat rate. And secondly, why don't they tell you explicitly, YOU CANNOT MAKE CALLS TO NUMBERS INSIDE THE US WITH THESE MINUTES?

I am wondering if I just wasted 5 dollars, and why in the world would I only be able to use these minutes on international calls...

That's correct. The $5 International Call Package can only be used for International calls. As the name implies, it can only be applied to International calls and it works as intended by AT&T.

For your future use, you could have used the remaining balance of $5.01 for another 50 minutes of phone calls without   buying more minutes.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

11 years ago

There is also a prepaid plan for $25 that includes 250 minuted of domestic calling and unlimited text messaging for 30 days.

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Well thanks for confirming this. Even though I think it is dumb that there are no other options available. 

Also, it says long distance... I remember in the past, my mom making phone calls to her mother in Pennslyvania, (from Kansas) were long distance calls. Oh well.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.