Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
M

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Nov 24, 2020 3:52 PM

Messages not displaying AM/PM

I am sending some messages to my AT&T phone from an application using AT&T Gateway domain. If I send 2:00 PM or 11:00 AM etc...AM and PM are not being displayed in my messages. I sent the same messages to a Verizon network from the same application AM/PM is being displayed. Any suggestions.

Responses

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

18.4K Messages

2 months ago

You are sending these messages via E-mail/SMTP to the e-mail address format used by the two different companies (e.g. phone-number@company-specific-domain.net).

When you receive the SMS from the SMTP gateway on your Verizon phone you see meridian indicators (AM/PM).  When you receive the SMS from the SMTP gateway on an AT&T connected phone, you do not see the meridian indicators (AM/PM).  Is that all correct?  I have the following additional questions:

1. If PM, is the time the correct 24 hour value, or is the PM just truncated (i.e. does 2:00 PM become 14:00 or just 2:00)?
  2. Are you using the same model phone and the same Messaging app?
  3. Have you tried sending the same message from one phone to the other, both ways, to see what happens?
  4. Can you share screenshots of the original message and the resulting texts?

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

1.Yes its 24 hour format - 2020-11-20 14:40:00

In AT&T phone its displayed as 2:40

In Verizon phone its displayed as 2:40 PM which is the correct way of displaying.

2.Yes same desktop application is sending same messages to different phones on different networks using the respective network gateway domains. For AT&T it is [email scrubbed].

Verizon,T-Mobile/Sprint all work fine and are displaying AM or PM as appropriate EXCEPTING for AT&T.

As above 2:45 is AT&T it should be 2:45PM for 14:45

As above 2:30PM is Verizon and is displayed correctly when time is 14:30

Please assist.

Thanks

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question