Need your talk or text logs?
M

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 20th, 2021 5:35 PM

Messages from @one.att.net

I have received 5 individual messages from (number)@one.att.net and they are all single texts I recently received from a single contact. There are no links in the message. Simply text from a conversation that happened days ago. Why is this happening?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I finally figured this out as I was having the same problem. When you sync a smartwatch, Tablet etc you have to allow AT&T messaging backup and sync. Which stores messages for 90 days in cloud. This allows u to send and receive text using your connected device .  If you stop syncing then the duplicate @one.att.net MESSAGES STOP. But also disables using connected devices which seems like a poor design as its highly annoying to receive duplicate messages. Anyway . Click the 3 dots in messaging app. Click At&T messaging backup and sync. Click stop syncing. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

official at&t emails are .COM  any .NET emails are from a consumer most likely spam or a setting in your cloud account 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

What settings in my cloud account do I need to change so it doesn't send me random text messages from past conversations?

If it's spam why is it random text messages from a previous conversation?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

@Constructive The OP is talking about texts coming from an email address. 

@maddy2009 I don’t have an explanation but this is a public forum and you have exposed someone’s phone number. Please remove any personal information.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I also have this issue but it only happens when my husband texts me (we are on the same plan) then I am unable to text him back at the @one.att.net and it says mms. I have to go out if that conversation and reply to his phone number 🤯

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Hello AT&T!!!  We need you to answer this question.  The original question is from 2 months ago and this is not an isolated event.   What is the use of an AT&T Community Forum if AT&T doesn't even care enough to assist their customers?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

@awang2 

What is the use of an AT&T Community Forum if AT&T doesn't even care enough to assist their customers?

they key word is community this is a customer populated forum not at&t

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Hey Constructive, Can you help us out here if you are an AT&T employee?  We really need some help or give us a link so all of us can individually contact that link to fix our common problem.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

I’m a pole engineer and not with wireless I have no links or secret phone numbers to give 

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

3 years ago

I'm an AT&T Wireless customer. I think the answer to this question can be explained by my recent experience.

I needed to remember something the other day, so I text messaged myself the reminder. When that text came through,  the sender was my number as an email address +1##########@one.att.net 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.