We Still Have Great Cyber Week Deals: Check out our $5 and under smartphone deals!
The best prices for our Military families
Need your talk or text logs?
Y

• 

4 Messages

Sun, Jul 25, 2021 12:33 AM

long term use of ATT # in canada

I ma a AT&T Unlimited Elite plan for my family. My daughter will be attending school in Ontario, Canada and would like to retain her phone # and continue to use her current iPhone from AT&T.   The iPhone (dual sim) is fully paid and can be unlocked by AT&T.

Questions:

1) Can she continue to use her # like she is in United States? Would AT&T allow that?

2) Any idea if the data plan in US coverage extend to Canada so she can use all the Text, 4G/5G, Tethering (hotspot) service just like US (within the US service monthly limit)?

3) Assuming AT&T allow her to use the # long term without any extra charges, Do you recommend putting the USA # in E-SIM, and she has option to use local prepaid SIM card ?

4) Assuming AT&T allow her to use the # long term without any extra charges, she need to turn on Roaming, correct?

Appreciated all the reply and shared experience in advance! Thank you

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.9K Messages

1 year ago

Your plan includes usage in Canada. Your daughter can continue to use her phone in Canada the same as in the US. There are no roaming charges. The only possible issue is coverage. She will be roaming on Rogers so there is no reason to use a local sim unless Rogers does not provide adequate coverage where she will be.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Appreciated the quick reply!

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

Hey YoYoPaPa, wanted to see if your daughter is still using AT&T in Canada? Should I do the same and roam on ROGERS, does AT&T care that you're in Canada for that long?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.