Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Need your talk or text logs?
texas_'s profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Sep 29, 2014 5:22 PM

Keeping Unlimited Data on New Plan

I am currently on my parent's phone plan and we all have unlimited data. If I stick with AT&T but get on my own plan, will I lose the unlimited data that is connected to my phone number???

This may be answered somewhere - but so far after calling, Googling and just asking around in general, I have yet to truly find an answer. Thanks! 

iceman4469

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

8年前

as far as I know YES you will lose it.... but that is just from past experience with my account.

I just took advantage of their Double Data program..... my 15b data plan just got upgraded to 30gb a month with the new promo.

GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

8年前

If you have a current line an a Family plan that has unlimited data, then it can keep that grandfathered data plan. If you cancel that line, then you will lose that unlimited data, to never see it again.

The only hope that you might have to move your line off your parent's account onto your own account would be to perform a "Tranfer of Billing Responsibility". That would transfer the contract from their name into yours, and make you responsible for the bill on that line. I'm not sure if you can do that to move a line off a family plan into an individual plan now thaough because the individual plans are no longer eligible for creating new accounts. You would have to talk to an AT&T employee to see if this would be possible. If it's not, your only options would be to keep it as it is, or to give up your unlimited data and get a new account for yourself.
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.