Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
J

• 

4 Messages

Sun, Sep 27, 2020 4:14 AM

Is DTV required to have Att Elite Data plan

I had Dtv, my account got hacked from a scam call and I was locked out of my acct on the app in minutes so I called DTV, they put me on hold for about 20 minutes so I just turned off the phone connected to my DTV ACCOUNT, I know I was hacked because it would no longer accept my password then I did a forgot password so I reset it and it let me in then threw me out within seconds so I tried again and then my user email no longer worked so when I then put forgot username and had it sent to another email altogether that I did create that has nothing to do with those accounts and which I chose and Att emailed me informing me I had now two usernames, and a new email address from att which I never set up and the user name included my name followed by a number only my name was misspelled and I’m pretty sure I know how to spell my name.

That being said I have the att elite data plan, because att internet does not work where I live but I use the hotspots of my devices to get online. I just want to know if I am required to have DTV to qualify for it because I don’t remember and I cannot find an official set of requirements because I don’t care about dtv I rarely watch it but I do need the elite plan

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

43K Messages

24 days ago

No, Directv service is not a requirement for Unlimited Elite. TV service was a requirement for some BOGO phone promotions, so if you are getting any free phone credits, you need to check if DTV was a requirement but it is not required to keep the plan.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

23 days ago

Thanks so much!

Get started...

Ask a new question