Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Need your talk or text logs?
theyaremean's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Aug 7, 2014 10:00 AM

I Might Leave At&T (Ethics of Unlimited Data)

I think I have to. It's absurd.

I broke the 5gb mark. My phone was rendered unusable for data. Not slow, unusable. The data was so slow that basic Apps on my iPhone 5s (maps) would time out. I accidentally left Podcasts downloading overnight without WiFi. I had to go 75% of July with this data issue. Of no data.

Now, I check my bill, and I see that, while I was on teh treadmill tonight on airplane mode, I somehow had two 20mb downloads. 

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. And finding an ethical company.

Zeeb

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

Il y a 8 y

On the other hand, if you *didn't* have unlimited data you would have been hit with huge overages.

Since it was an accident that you left your phone downloading podcasts off wifi do you really think this will be an ongoing issue?  

Right now the only decent carrier offering true unlimited is T-mobile--and their coverage varies *greatly* by location.  

On occasion when I go over my speeds slow to 500kbps -- which I've found is still usable for everything except video streaming.  Perhaps your area will get the higher throttled speeds at some point.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.