For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
ProSandDemon's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 28th, 2015 9:06 PM

Closed

I have unlimited data - Can I use a hotspot?

I know this has probably been asked already but, if I have unlimited iPhone data plan if I use mobile hotspot will at&t change it?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Banzmor wrote:

I have been a long time customer of AT&T. I can NOT switch to the unlimited plan because I would not be able to make a mobile hotspot. I am a truck driver, being able to make a hotspot is the most important feature. My current plan gives me 35 gigs for $130.00, its an old plan with no throtting. If I switch to any other plan and don't like it, i can not switch back to my current plan. So when I get home I am headed to the nearest Verizon store. I only hope the head lines are true about Verizon unlimited plan.

Is 10GB of high-speed tethering enough for you?

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Banzmor, Verizon is not offering unlimited data tethering. As @Gary L, says, they are limiting it to 10 gig a month. Are you currently tethering all your 35 gig ATT data? If so, you're not going to be happy with Verizon's limit.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@Banzmor

No one here can blame you.  You are exactly the person Verizon's new plan is perfect for.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm not using an ATT purchase plan phone. I've got an unlocked Nexus that I bought from Google with an ATT sim card. Can ATT still keep me from setting up a WIFI hotspot if I go with an unlimited data plan? Thanks in advance. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@portsample wrote:

I'm not using an ATT purchase plan phone. I've got an unlocked Nexus that I bought from Google with an ATT sim card. Can ATT still keep me from setting up a WIFI hotspot if I go with an unlimited data plan? Thanks in advance. 

Yes.  

Also, are you sure that phone will even hotspot on AT&T?? (On non-unlimited plans)

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have found att customer service completely unacceptable. I have had att service when bag phones were a thing. And now I can't get anyone who will let me pay my bill!!!! I started way back in August of 2019, and they said I had a balance of 12.500.00, and what are you griping? I tried Every month to pay it and c.s. said the same thing ,you have a balance, and I said no I don't, and I!I'm on a fixed budget and need to pay now. So fast forward to October of 2020, and it's all come due! I can't pay the balance, I'm on social security. And I'm told, in the middle of a pandemic, that I can't pay every month and pay it off! So my service was terminated, what a way to treat a customer of 40 odd years!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

@connie61 You have posted on a totally unrelated 6 year old thread. Please start your own thread if you want a reply. This thread will closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.