Need your talk or text logs?
ProSandDemon's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 28th, 2015 9:06 PM

Closed

I have unlimited data - Can I use a hotspot?

I know this has probably been asked already but, if I have unlimited iPhone data plan if I use mobile hotspot will at&t change it?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Well, it should change....just because a company refuses to provide a service for customers paying $350+ per mo., doesn't make it right. They need to show some loyalty to their most loyal customers.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Nope.   You are allowed unlimited data use on the devices you are paying for only.   Asking ATT to allow you to use a ton more data, by tethering to other devices, is not going to happen.

These are the terms.  Just like requiring TV services is a term of the plan.  If you don't like them, then don't use the plan.  

And take it easy swinging the word "loyalty" around.  I see it so often, and when it's used in this way, it is not loyalty.   It starts to remind me of a teenager stomping off to their room and saying I'm a mean mother, or they hate me, when I lay down a rule they don't like.  

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

8 years ago

The AT&T sales told me which phones to get to use the hot spot data sharing. Now I find out it is not allowed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

The fact that you can use 15 gigabytes are 25 gigabytes and all these other gigabytes of data on the hotspot and not on the unlimited is stupid you can only get the unlimited if you have DirecTV. Then if you you you're 5 10 15 20 25 whatever that you have - Unlimited you're forced to try to get the unlimited is stupid

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

@Scammedagain

Any current phone has hotspot capability.  It is the unlimited PLAN that is not allowed to use it.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

@Cityboy911

@Cityboy911 wrote:
The fact that you can use 15 gigabytes are 25 gigabytes and all these other gigabytes of data on the hotspot and not on the unlimited is stupid you can only get the unlimited if you have DirecTV. Then if you you you're 5 10 15 20 25 whatever that you have - Unlimited you're forced to try to get the unlimited is stupid

Pardon?  Not sure I understand what you wrote, try again.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I'm stuck on the same boat. Signed up for the AT&T unlimited data plan and now no longer able to use the mobile Hotspot. Verizon and T-Mobile now have unlimited data plans with mobile hotspot features. I'm seriously thinking about switching over.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@SunnyDays   You won't get alone.    Att better get their head out of the sand.

Guru

• 

691 Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 I agree!! Let's hope its SOON... VERY SOON!! Or the bleeding subscriber losses will continue as many flock to the bigger better deal at Big Red...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have been a long time customer of AT&T. I can NOT switch to the unlimited plan because I would not be able to make a mobile hotspot. I am a truck driver, being able to make a hotspot is the most important feature. My current plan gives me 35 gigs for $130.00, its an old plan with no throtting. If I switch to any other plan and don't like it, i can not switch back to my current plan. So when I get home I am headed to the nearest Verizon store. I only hope the head lines are true about Verizon unlimited plan.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.