For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
fatmanilc's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, September 22nd, 2014 8:45 PM

I can't connect to the internet unless i'm on wifi

I upgraded to an iphone 5c from an iphone 3GS. Once i got the phone activated, I was unable to access the internet, unless i was connected to Wifi. I also upgraded my phone plan from the family talk 550 to the new mobile share 1GB. I have NO RESTRICTIONS set on my account, yet everytime I try to access the internet while not on Wifi I receive the message, "We're sorry, but you are attempting this transaction during a restricted time period set by your wireless account owner." Again, I have NO RESTRICTIONS on my account, phone, nothing. Restrictions are turned off. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???

Scholar

• 

124 Messages

10 years ago

Try pulling the SIM card and putting it back in, sometimes that solves the problem.

Guru

• 

115 Messages

10 years ago

sounds like you have smartlimits on your account. Call customer service to verify or check online.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

So far, they've turned off my data and turned it back on. Reset the network settings( multiple times), reset the phone, swapped sim cards, given me a new phone, disconnected my service then reconnected it, made sure I don't have smart limits on ( I don't have smart limits, so I can't have them set) turned on airplane mode then turned it off. I've had 5 different people try and figure this out with no luck. Someone is supposedly reasearching it now. As I was leaving the AT&T store for the 3rd day in a row, another guy came in and was having the exact same problem with his IPAD. So, now I'm not the only one.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Issue: No cellular data connectivity

Device: Apple iPhone 6, Apple iPhone 5S

Software version: iOS 8.0 and iOS 7.1.2

Troubleshooting: Reset Network Settings, full restore from iTunes, two SIM card replacements, back-end network reset

I am in the exact same situation as you. I received my iPhone 6 on Friday and I have been able to use data for a total of one day and that's it. Every web page I try to load comes back with the following error -

"We're sorry, but you are attempting this transaction during a restricted time period set by your wireless account owner."

I am the account owner and I have no reason to restrict myself from anything. I have spent a few hours with Apple and AT&T. I have been assisted by Tech Support, Level 2 Tech Support, Network team and Product Management with AT&T. One person Saturday told me that everything was okay on the account yet one representative said they saw a block similar to SmartLimits. Worst part is that the feature SmartLimits no longer even exists. They do not know what the issue is. They are opening up a case and ticket to try and resolve it. I am expecting a few phone call tomorrow afternoon.

Whew!! I thought I was the only one out there with this issue and started feeling crazy.

Guru

• 

115 Messages

10 years ago

to narrow it down put the SIM in another phone and if it still happens then your account has some kind of block. Did you travel international recently? If the internet works on the other phone the its your phone. At trip to the apple genius will be in order.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

They did switch the sim card. It worked in the other phone. They gave me a new phone with a new sim card, and it didn't work either. We talked to apple, and they had no solutions.

Guru

• 

115 Messages

10 years ago

8.0.2 supposed to fix it. Just came out earlier today.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have a Galaxy S3 with a gophone plan and I get this same exact message when I am down to less than .5gig.

Sometimes, I can restart my phone and it will work normally. Today, though, I couldn't get it to accept my request for data, so I added another gig to my account. Had to restart my phone again before it allowed me online. I don't know why it does it. It has happened once or twice before, but not every month. Very weird..I have no restrictions on my account, and being pepaid, you'd think you'd go the whole allottment  at which point the service would THEN shutdown and not allow connection until you added data. If I have a balance of data left, I want to use it, not waste it before my plan renews!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have same issues with my iphone 6. I do not have connection without wifi with my iphone 6.

I went to AT&T and call Apple Support nothing helped me.

Guru

• 

115 Messages

7 years ago

If you got a new phone AT&T has to enter the IMEI onto their system for data to register. Or if it's a phone you been using all this time there maybe an internet block on the account.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.