Need your talk or text logs?
JEREMYDMILL's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, February 19th, 2009 1:00 AM

Closed

I am unable to send Text Messages, help please.

When I bought my GoPhone back in August of 2008 and I set my phone up I requested to block Text Messages from coming to my phone because I would be charged and I didn't want that at the time. Now I want to be able to sent and recieve text messages but I'm not sure of how I can turn that feature back on.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

@JEREMYDMILL wrote:
I called customer care, 1-800-331-0500, I was redirected because I use a GoPhone, and I was redirected as if I had called 611 from my phone. So I'm unable to talk to a live person I think. What number can I use to enable texting on my phone!
Don't be spooked by the automated system — just keep saying “Customer service” at all prompts and eventually you'll be connected to a live rep.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

not positive but with most carriers you can just call them and they can turn the feature back on for, then you just shut down your phone and reboot it, they can even send you a test text to make sure it works.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

Sounds resonable, do you know the number in which I should call to do this?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

I called customer care, 1-800-331-0500, I was redirected because I use a GoPhone, and I was redirected as if I had called 611 from my phone. So I'm unable to talk to a live person I think. What number can I use to enable texting on my phone!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.