Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Mar 30, 2020 12:51 PM

How to suspend the service while I am traveling internationally?

How to suspend the service while I am traveling internationally?

I cannot access my account on website, and cannot call to AT&T directly.

Responses

JBayudang

Associated Member

• 

260 Messages

2 months ago

Hi. Is there someone (any family member is recommended) in the US that can call AT&T on your behalf?
*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

2 Messages

Hi there! Thank you for replying. Unfortunately, no. I am the only person living in the US in my family..

(edited)

JBayudang

Associated Member

• 

260 Messages

What specific service are you actually pertaining to? Is it your cellphone service?
*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

38K Messages

2 months ago

What exactly are you wanting to do? Suspending service does not suspend billing. There is no need to suspend service because you are traveling.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
JBayudang

Associated Member

• 

260 Messages

Wireless service can be suspended and customers will only pay $10 per line. It is called "Reduced Rate Suspend".

Who's Eligible?

Reduced Rate Suspend (RRST):
• Minimum of 6 months' tenure
• Account balance must be current
• No prior RRST within the last 365 days
• Reason for suspension:
** Attending Military Boot Camp
** Going out of the country and declined International Roaming

Limitation:
** Minimum of 1 month tenure

How does it work?
** MRC of $10 per line
** Service can remain suspend for 6 months (180 days)
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

38K Messages

@JBayudang I’m pretty sure that “MRC of $10 per line” means line fees only and there is no reduction to the main plan charge. In other words, RRST won’t save much. I suspect the OP is talking about prepaid, anyway. If they were postpaid, they would be able to call.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.4K Messages

2 months ago

If you are a prepaid customer the method of reserving your number without continuing monthly refills is to change your plan while you are still in the United States.

Changing to a pay-per-use plan, and refilling with enough funds to cover the time you are away, will hold the account open without any additional cost. The refill that you leave on the account is not used, so will be available when you return and switch back to a monthly plan.

If you are postpaid oh, you would have to call AT&T and hope that they will agree to A reduced rate suspension. It does not eliminate your bill.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

• 

4 Messages

I am also out of the country due to College being closed / covid19. I need to suspend my mobile service for at least 6 months hopefully with a minimal charge so that i can keep the number . Otherwise i will just have to cancel the whole plan and start again when I return with a new number . Any help or advise is appreciated. unable to get any verbal communication from ATT cant find any help on the website. Cheers Jack

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

38K Messages

@JackHR Do you have prepaid or postpaid service? Different answers depending on what type of service you have.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.4K Messages

@JackHR then cancel the card used to pay and have it reissued. you’ll have a new card number. Your prepaid wont refill and will terminate

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

• 

4 Messages

Monthly plan post paid

• 

4 Messages

I'm also in Australia so speaking to anyone at AT&T is very difficult even if you could get to a real person

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.4K Messages

@JackHR

You’ll have to call to cancel. Number for international travelers is in the ‘contact us‘ link at bottom if webpage.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

38K Messages

@JackHR If you are on postpaid, you should be able to roam. The call to the international support number is a free call from your mobile. Your only option to keep your number is to keep paying. You may be able to reduce your bill some by requesting a Reduced Rate suspension but they only reduce your line fee, you still pay for the main plan. You are probably better off just cancelling. Either way, you need to call.

• 

4 Messages

Thanks for the replies much appreciated. I will phone AT&T and cancel and take out a new plan when i eventually get back to college. Cheers Jack