Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
B

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jul 7, 2020 7:20 PM

How to send an email to mms text message to an AT&T phone in Mexico City?

The company I work for uses an automation system to send alerts during building alarm conditions. We set it up to send text alerts to local responding employees and it works well. One local employee uses AT&T and their address is entered as their 10 digit cell phone number followed by @mms.att.net and it works well. An employee in Mexico City requested an alert be set up to send to their AT&T phone but we tried every combination of cell phone number followed by @mms.att.net without success. We had the person check that mms is enabled on their phone. How do we send an email to mms text message to an AT&T phone in Mexico City?

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.1K Messages

a month ago

Is their service with ATT or ATT Mexico? If ATT Mexico. they probably have a different email to text address, though I don’t know what it is.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

Thank you for your response. Their service is ATT Mexico. You're likely right about their having a different gateway address. I just can't find it. I tried Nextel's @msgnextel.com.mx thinking ATT might be using it after their 2015 merger, but it didn't work either.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.1K Messages

ATT Mexico used to be Nextel. Try these:

Nextel

<10-digit-number>@messaging.nextel.com

<10-digit-number>@page.nextel.com

<10-digit-number>@nextel.com.br

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question