Need your talk or text logs?
LeAnn66's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, April 16th, 2017 7:49 PM

How to access HBO with unlimited plus plan

Just saw a commercial on TV about the unlimited plus plan now including HBO. I have the unlimited plus plan, do how do I access HBO? I tried it from the Direct TV app and also downloaded HBO GO. Both said I can't watch because I don't subscribe.. please help

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am having the same issue. I have registered for DirecTV Now for the free HBO option, and both DirecTV Now app and HBO Go says I don't have the channel and I have to add it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I spent 4months trying to get the free HBO on my unlimited plus plan, and finally just shut off service.

It is a lie. A lie to try and get you to buy DirectTV, since AT&T bought DirectTV.

Constantly told by customer service and managers that "a direct tv subscription is required", yet the terms of service plainly state that you get free HBO, through directTVNow app, at NO CHARGE.... with any unlimited choice or plus plan.

The customer service at directTV, TWICE, assured me that I would have my free HBO within -1st time 3-5 business days -2nd time 5-7 business days. They gave me a reference # the first time, and an assurance number the 2nd time. Both lies.

Avoid AT&T at all costs. Even Verizon customer service is better than these guys, and that is saying something.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@LeAnn66 Did you ever get your free HBO working?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Having the same issue as others.  After several calls/chats with AT&T and DirectTV and HOURS spent trying to solve the problem I get the same error message.  I agree that it appears this is a bogus offer.  Beyond disgusted.  I challenge AT&T to reduce my bill by $15/mo to cover the cost of HBO thru Comcast.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have no Tv service with ATT. So, when I checked for eligibilty for HBO using my phone number, it said 

Oh no!
It looks like that mobile number isn’t eligible for our limited time offers.
(Error code: 43404)

Upgrade now and qualify for EXCLUSIVE SAVINGS.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@dfsdfds

The HBO offer is if you have the new unlimited plans.  You can access it on HBO Go this way:

1) Go to DirectTVnow
2) Click start free trial
3) DO NOT immediately type in your email address, etc., to create an account
4) DO click on Verify Your Number link to enter your ATT phone number to get your free HBO account
5) After typing in your phone number, you receive a text message you need to respond to for verfication
6) You then type in your email address and pick a password
7) You get two options - HBO free or HBO plus Live TV. The second option costs $10 a month. Be sure to click the first for just HBO for free. You can then logout of DirectTV.
😎 Download HBOGo app. Choose DirectTVNow as your provider when setting up your HBOGo account. You'll need to type in your DirectTVNow email address and password to verify DirectTVNow is your provider. You'll then be able to set up and HBOGo account.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@jenbruin93 wrote:

Having the same issue as others.  After several calls/chats with AT&T and DirectTV and HOURS spent trying to solve the problem I get the same error message.  I agree that it appears this is a bogus offer.  Beyond disgusted.  I challenge AT&T to reduce my bill by $15/mo to cover the cost of HBO thru Comcast.

@jenbruin93  If you have Comcast, you are not going to get HBO free from ATT on your Comcast bill.  The offer is free HBO for you is a stand alone channel.  You can signup as in the previous post and watch HBO GO

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

This is what I have repeatedly tried- doesn't work!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I realize it will not be thru Comcast, but since the AT&T offer appears to be bogus I may have to buy it thru Comcast 😞

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

It isn’t bogus.  

How far do you get in the steps?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.