Need your talk or text logs?
jaxdavis's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, January 13th, 2018 2:16 PM

How do I get unlimited data plan with Hot Spot on Phone?

I don't have cable or any type of TV in my home. I only access my internet through my Hot Spot connection. ALL of my internet is through my phone/Hot Spot. I keep bumping up against my data usage limit each month, which is currently 20GB. (Occassionally, my rollover helps me out with overage.) To my point, I am at 2GB left, with 12 days to go this month! Is there anything available for me to keep my Hot Spot and my plan just like it is (No TV, etc.) and just bump up my plan to unlimited data?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Unfortunately, no. You are limited to 10 GB of hotspot usage on your phone and as noted above, you can no longer add a hotspot device to the unlimited plan. You can bump up your plan to a higher data amount, though. However, if you are on a grandfathered Mobile Share Value plan, once you change, you can’t change back.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

ATT no longer allows mobile hotspots on the unlimited data plans.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

THANK YOU! Answered my question!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@rjniles

Using her existing devices as hotspots is included free with her plan.  Her problem is she is maxing out her data plan.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

can i get a new phone

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I want hotspot on my phone and still have unlimited everything 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Mkrohn wrote:

I want hotspot on my phone and still have unlimited everything 

There is 10 or 15 gigs of hotspot on the more expensive unlimited plans 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

$75 PLan as of 12-23-2019 says: Data for Smartphone: Includes unlimited high-speed data usage. After 22GB/line/mo., you may experience slower speeds than other AT&T customers during network congestion until your next plan renewal. Actual speeds vary by device capability and location. Mobile Hotspot: includes up to 10 GB per line per term. Requires compatible device. After 10 GB, tethering speed slowed to max 128 kbps for rest of term. Not available internationally. See att.com/broadbandinfo for details on AT&T network management policies. for Hotspot use It is more economical to go with the $50 PLan, then buy the 3GB $20 add on: $50 PLan - $10 Autopay Discount +$20 3GB Add $60 (11GB Hotspot) instead of $75 PLan - $10 Autopay Discount = $65 (10 GB Hotspot)

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.