Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 10:57 PM

How do I get my service to run faster?

I recently received an iPhone X that was already paid off. I originally had an iPhone 5se and all I did was transfer all my information onto the new phone and insert my sim card. Ever since my phone has been running so slow and I have no clue if its because I need a better plan to better suit my iPhone X or if its because I'm missing a step. What do I do?

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

a month ago

There is no 5se. There’s an iPhone 5s and an iPhone se, but no 5se. Regardless, did you simply move the SIM card from the old phone? If so, the old SIM card could be the reason your network is slow. Go to a corporate store for a replacement SIM card. Unless you have an old plan that restricts download speeds, it’s not your plan.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

@sandblaster iPhone se my bad. Yes I moved the SIM card from my se to my iPhone X. So basically my overall solution is to get a new SIM card. Once I do that I can also continue to use my current plan?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

No guarantee your old SIM card is the problem but it’s very possible. It’s definitely the first thing to try. Unfortunately, a replacement sim is no longer free. An ATT corporate store will charge $5. An authorized retailer may charge more.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

a month ago

Hello,

It generally is recommended to get a new SIM card for the new device (even second hand). When your iPhone SE was out, the technology was a bit older and that original sim is most likely the culprit for slower speeds.

Go to your nearest corporate AT&T store and request a new sim. This is generally free of charge and surely will make a noticeable difference. After inserting new sim, on iPhone do a network reset via “Settings > General > Reset (at bottom) > Reset Network Settings”.

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

3 Messages

@mobilemax Thanks so much!