Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, May 4, 2018 12:46 PM

How do I add and AT&T hot spot to my current plan?

Hi, I currently have an unlimited date plan on my phone. It I want to add hotspots so I can share it to my iPad or other devices in places with no wifi.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.6K Messages

2 years ago

The unlimited plus plan allows you 15 gigs of shared data via the phones hot spot.  

You cannot add a separate mobile hotspot to an unlimited data plan anymore.  You can purchase a hotspot on a limited plan, or a pay per use prepaid plan 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hi, I'm inquiring on setting up a wifi hot spot for a business phone that is paid by Wells Fargo bank. The purpose would to be able to use this hot spot to have internet access with a business laptop. Please let me know what information is needed and how I go about ordering this.

Thank you,

Angela B[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.6K Messages

2 years ago

@angela.d.bell

If your plan plan allows it, you don’t need to contact ATT, just turn it on and connect your laptop as you would to any other WiFi 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Please send instructions on how to turn it on.

Thank you,

Angie

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

43.3K Messages

2 years ago

@angela.d.bell wrote:
Please send instructions on how to turn it on.

Thank you,

Angie

That is phone dependent but probably something like go to settings, find personal hotspot, turn it on.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

How would I go about adding mobile hotspot to my current metro PC's phone plan??

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

43.3K Messages

2 years ago

@DebbienMark wrote:

How would I go about adding mobile hotspot to my current metro PC's phone plan??

@DebbienMark That is a question for metro pcs.

Get started...

Ask a new question