Community Support

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

Fri, Sep 8, 2017 7:51 PM

Group Messaging Not Working on iPhone - AT&T Community Solutions

Learn how to resolve Group Messaging Issues

Group_Message.png

Having trouble sending a text in a group message? What about just sending a text? Are you missing the conversation? That is never good but we can help with that!

How To Restore Group Text Functionality

Fix 1

Close and relaunch the Message app - tap the Home button twice and swipe the Messages app up.

Fix 2

Make sure you have enough space - this will require deleting file like images and videos. 

Fix 3

Tap Settings > Scroll down and tap Messages > Scroll down to SMS/ MMS

and disable the feature and then enable it (also known as toggling the feature).

Fix 4

Go to Settings > Tap on General > Scroll down and tap Reset > Select Reset Network Settings > Enter your pass-code > Tap Restart Network Settings

Heads Up: This will delete Wi-FI and network settings on your device.

Fix 5

Delete the group conversation and start a new one - this may or not resolve the issue. You will lose the group conversation. Consider backing up your device beforehand is recommended. 

Have an Android? 

ChrisZ, AT&T Community Manager

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

3 y ago

Start the lawsuit by leaving AT&T and going to a different carrier.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

Same! Such a headache!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

This reset all my WiFi access *****

[Please keep it courteous]

[word filter avoidance]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Accidentally replied. Good post though.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

2 y ago

Thru the blog. My group messaging is working with groups smaller than five people I really have nothing new to help you.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

I left at&t. No matter how many attempts to fix it, nothing worked. I pay way less now and get way more, including unlimited data, at T-Mobile. I even had a discount thru my work for at&t but T-Mobile is still less expensive without having a discount there.

Whenever I called them (at&t) to ask for help with various stuff or if I felt like they smacked on a fee unfairly, they  were rude and dismissive and did not help at all. I was with them for 15 years but I was sick of the high payments and low customer service and frustrating glitches. What was the motivation to stay?? Nothing. Go to T-Mobile, much better.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 y ago

I have never had any problems with my iPhone 7 plus and group text messages.  I have been having my iPhone 7plus for over 2 years now.  I wonder why some are having problems and others aren't??

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

I had an issue on an iPhone X that couldn't group text to android phones. Figured out the issue. We had used a Google Fi SIM card on vacation and updated APN settings. When returning and putting in ATT SIM, they hide the APN menu but don't seem to override the settings. We had to reinsert a Fi SIM, delete/reset APN settings, and then the ATT SIM works fine again!

• 

1 Message

@Trerai This fixed it for me as well on Sprint! Thank you.

Specifically - there is a MMS proxy server setting that was set to a Google address. Resetting APN settings cleared it out.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Starting Monday night (8/26/19) I cannot or do not receive group texts.  Happened last year, upgraded my phone and now suddenly happening again on iPhoneX.  Pictures also not coming through.  Worked great all year even in lower signal areas, but suddenly does not work.  Did the "fix" MANY times and nothing.  I know I will get 50+ texts in a hours or days.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

this issue is extremely frustrating.  This has happened to my iphone(s) multiple times over the years.    I don't get messages, no one else from other carriers on my chats have the problems.  I'll get 86+ messages all at once in the middle of the night, out of order and still missing some.  Pictures take days to come through.... Please fix this!!

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.