Community Support

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

Friday, September 8th, 2017 7:51 PM

Group Messaging Not Working on iPhone - AT&T Community Solutions

Learn how to resolve Group Messaging Issues

Group_Message.png

Having trouble sending a text in a group message? What about just sending a text? Are you missing the conversation? That is never good but we can help with that!

Android users cannot see iPhone Messages

If your previous device was an iPhone and used iMessage. Apple still thinks you have an iPhone and messages are sent to iMessage rather than your Android device and you will need to disable or unregister it

Disable iMessage to see if the issue persists. 

Heads up: If you updated your OS, consider reverting back to the original OS. This may resolve the issue until a patch is created. 

How To Restore Group Text Functionality

Fix 1

Close and relaunch the Message app - tap the Home button twice and swipe the Messages app up.

Fix 2

Make sure you have enough space - this will require deleting file like images and videos. 

Fix 3

Tap Settings > Scroll down and tap Messages > Scroll down to SMS/ MMS

and disable the feature and then enable it (also known as toggling the feature).

Fix 4

Go to Settings > Tap on General > Scroll down and tap Reset > Select Reset Network Settings > Enter your pass-code > Tap Restart Network Settings

Heads Up: This will delete Wi-FI and network settings on your device.

Fix 5

Delete the group conversation and start a new one - this may or not resolve the issue. You will lose the group conversation. Consider backing up your device beforehand is recommended. 

Have an Android? 

ChrisZ, AT&T Community Manager

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I have been having issues on & off for about 6 months now on my Iphone 8. Nothing that I have tried today is fixing it. I turned on/off sms/mms messaging, on/off airplane mode, reset network settings, rebooted my phone etc. but I still have literally hundreds of outstanding group messages that I have not received from yesterday and today. This is getting ridiculous. Please help.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Wish I could. Recommend you contact AT&T. They have yet to acknowledge the problem. In the meantime, it helps to do smaller groups, say 4 max.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have groups of 3 and its still a problem. They refuse to acknowledge it.
Even going into the store is pointless.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

iPhone 10X with the same issue. Spent several hours with apple support.  The group (both ATT and non ATT users) get my texts, but I don't see any of their's.  The only way the messages are coming is if I turn off my phone and then turn it back on.  Then I get a whole batch of messages at once.  It started about Wednesday, right around the same time the last update from Apple came in.  ATT needs to fix this!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Employee

• 

169 Messages

5 years ago

Hi all,

Can you post a screen shot of the error you are seeing? Make sure to remove any personal information like numbers. 

ChrisZ

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

ATTChrisZ,

There is no error messages. They just come in randomly or the recievers on the distant end recieve them extremely delayed.

Employee

• 

169 Messages

5 years ago

Hi @kadekenney,

Gotcha. By chance, do you know the type of device the message is being sent/ received from? 

ChrisZ

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

@ATTChrisZ 

Yes, I am in a group chat with a Android Newer Galaxy with TMobile, IphoneX with Verizon, and Me (Iphone8 with AT&T). I am the only one having issues.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

@ATTChrisZ this may help:

I am not receiving messages, receiving some but not all, some come in on time, some never come in, or the distant end is receiving them extremely delayed/not at all. Some messages get through, some dont. 

I have tried resetting my network settings, restarting phone, completely resetting my Iphone, deleting the group chat, deleting the numbers, turing on/off IMessage, etc..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.