Need your talk or text logs?
amunet's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, November 9th, 2008 2:31 PM

Closed

Getting Charged for using IM Feature?

Hey everyone, I just joined at&t and have a Samsung Propel phone.  I am under a family plan that has the "Messaging Unlimited for Families" feature added.

Two days ago I used the IM AIM program that is built into my phone.  The next day I looked online and saw I was charged data for using it, even thought I thought it was free under my feature ($3 worth!).  I stopped in a store yesterday and they said as long as you use the AIM built in the phone it should be free.  Thinking something else strange might have happened I used AIM again last night.  I did not send or received IMs just was available.  I would only recieve some notifications if someone came online.  I looked this morning and again I was charged, and the times fit when I was logged on.  On the Account Overview it shows this:

11/08 11:07 PM wap.cingular Internet/MEdia Net Sent 6KB 11/08 10:51 PM wap.cingular Internet/MEdia Net Sent 8KB 11/08 10:44 PM wap.cingular Internet/MEdia Net Sent 4KB 11/08 10:33 PM wap.cingular Internet/MEdia Net Sent 8KB 11/08 10:27 PM wap.cingular Internet/MEdia Net Sent 4KB 11/08 10:21 PM wap.cingular Internet/MEdia Net Sent 4KB

What is going on here?
Thanks for any help!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

<> Well the refunded my bill and even though they are going to charge me $10 I am over it. If they find anymore loopholes to charge me for I am finished with AT&T!  I originally signed a contract with Suncom, who got bought out by Cingular. Cingular I had no problems with my messaging at all. In Fact, I was very happy with them, until they got bought out by AT & T. Grrr... Ya'll are much too technical for me.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.