Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Apr 8, 2017 6:58 PM

Free HBO with unlimited data plan

How do you sign into the HBO Go app as an unlimited data customer?

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I get Error code: 43407 after they get the verification text. I click on "more information" and there is no more information. Surprise.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Yes.  I send the text and get the error also

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

"Limits: One HBO® benefit per wireless account."  It's not per number, it's per account. It’s in the fine  print (see url below). The account holder will need to use their phone to verify the number and setup the DIRECTVNOW account. For other phones/devices on the account, download the DirectvNow app to the phone/device and sign in using the account holder’s ID/password. 

https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans-plus-v2.html

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

The directvnow website has changed.  There is now an option at the top for AT&T subscribers to signup.  You click verify your number and then send them a text FROM THE PRIMARY ACCOUNT PHONE NUMBER.  It also only works after a 2 billing cycles have gone by.

My issue is after the verification and account cr eation, I get a message saying I have a $15 discount applied and I am asked to choose a plan.  The cheapest plan is another $20 a month (after discount) there is no way to skip this process and there is no "Free HBO GO account" either.  They just list 4 different tiers of live video streaming.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This is aweful. I have spent hours on the phone. 

The AT&T people don't know what to do and Direct TV says you have to pay $35 a month to get your "free" HBO. 

AT&T are total liars with this. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

Yep,  I wasted many hours also.  They won't help and don't care and have no clue.  I'm getting rid of at&t very soon.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

When I tried to verify my number from the DirecTV Now web site, I got the following error:

"Oh no!  It looks like that mobile number isn’t eligible for our limited time offers.
(Error code: 43406)  Upgrade now and qualify for EXCLUSIVE SAVINGS."

I have been an AT&T wireless customer since 1997 and have been on the Unlimited Plus plan for several months.

Went on a chat session with DTV Now support and this is what the agent told me:

"Since you are getting this error message online, I will need to create a case to have the free HBO added to your account manually. It does take some time for our HBO team to add this (up to 10 business days)."

I never understand why it takes two weeks for someone to figuratively flip a switch, but whatever.  We'll see how long it takes...

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

Please post your results.
Thanks

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Will do.  In the meantime, the agent basically added the subscription for no cost while this ticket is processing.  Will post another update when there's a change.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

They said that to me too more than a month ago and it never happened. When
I called back they didn't know what I was talking about. Maybe I will try
again.

I think we should be reimbursed for not getting the services that were
promised to us.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I had the same response where it said my plan was not eligible when it is in fact an unlimited plan. I set up a chat online with at&t and they sent me to a link where I could set up my DirectTVNOW account without having to purchase a plan. I just tried to access the page again myself but it is no longer available. I was going to share this with the group since this effectively bypassed the whole phone number verification part. One thing to note- when setting up HBO GO you have to scroll down the provider list and pick DirectTVNOW not just DirectTV.  Good Luck to anyone else who is still working out this issue.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Update:

So the agent, at the time, manually put HBO on my account for no charge until they did whatever processing they needed to do.  When the next bill came, I saw that I was going to be charged for HBO and not get the $15 credit.  I never got any subsequent follow-up from AT&T, but when I did click the enrollment link again, it worked for me.  So it looks like they flipped whatever switch they needed to, though I'm mildly annoyed that no one bothered to let me know that it was done and that I would need to go through the sign-up process again.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Same problem, RJKinFMY. Incredibly frustrating and disheartening. I think it's a scam, bait & switch, to get us to sign up for Direct TV...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Did it work, SalsaShark42?

Oops...never mind. I see your response. Wish I could delete this.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Yep, all good now.  To summarize:

- I did online chat with support.

- They submitted some sort of internal ticket to resolve the problem, but it would take several days to complete.  In the meantime, the agent added HBO to my account manually and zeroed out the charge.

- I never got any additional follow-up from support.

- I checked my bill later and saw that HBO was showing up with a fee for the next month.

- I went back to the DirecTV Now web site and picked the option to change my package.  I clicked on the link there for AT&T Unlimited customers and it worked this time.  So now it no longer charges for HBO and it properly applies the $15 discount.