For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
L

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 30th, 2021 12:22 AM

Family mobile automated services

Help. I currently have a Samsung galaxy a10e wity Family mobile and Im having trouble replying to automated text messages. I can reply and receive messages from anyone else but not automatic ones and I really need to be able to. What do I do? 

• 

72 Messages

3 years ago

Hello there!

I understand that you're having issues to reply to automated messages such as short codes or premium content providers

Before proceeding with the below steps, please be aware that these replies to automated messages may result in charges based on which automated message you reply to.

I recommend you to follow the below steps to resolve your issue:

1. From a Home screen, swipe up from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
    Note These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
  2. Navigate: Settings Settings icon > Apps Apps icon.
  3. Ensure 'All' (upper-left) is selected.
    Note If necessary, tap the Dropdown icon Dropdown icon (upper-left) then select All.
  4. Tap the Menu icon Menu icon (upper-right).
  5. Tap Special access.
  6. Tap Use Premium text message services.
  7. Tap the app then select an option:
    Note Apps listed vary and only appear if they've previously been used for premium messaging.
    • Ask
    • Never allow (to turn off)
    • Always allow (to turn on)

Disclaimer :  The information shared here is only to help the community and I recommend you to verify the same by an AT&T representative before making any informed decision. I'm not responsible for the consequences that may arise due to the information shared.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

3 years ago

Family mobile is Walmart's mvno, which means you are not an AT&T customer.

Reply to automated messages may be blocked, or an added charge on Family mobile.   

You're going to have to call them and ask for assistance it's not something AT&T can fix, it's not AT&T service plan.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.