Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Awp022's profile

1 Message

Saturday, July 29th, 2023 2:05 PM

Excessive Data Usage

Beginning in Mid-May my monthly data usage jumped from 30 GB to 140 GB with no change to my personal usage whatsoever…. I have the premium plan so it doesn’t cost me any extra but that is close to a 500% increase.

What should I do or who do I need to contact for this matter?

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

11 months ago

Start clocking what on your phone is actually using data. If you have an iPhone, you have to reset your data statistics with the beginning of each new bill cycle. If you have an Android your Android phone only has to be set in settings to the bill cycle.

Then look in your phone on a regular basis to see which application is using way more data than it ought to be. For example a weather app that you never check is suddenly using 50 GB a month? Or YouTube, etc.

Once you notice an application or maybe more than one application is using more than it should be, You can take action. Sometimes it means removing the application. Like if you have a junk game app that is using way too much data You can uninstall. Other applications may need to be deleted, uninstalled, have cash cleared, data restricted in the background, or some other action to control it.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.