Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
Callie33021

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Thu, Dec 14, 2017 4:52 PM

Excessive Data Usage on New iPhone 8

Why would I end up using so much data in one week with my new iPhone while observing same Internet habits as before when I owned a much older IPhone? In particular, the category Browsing and Technology shows high data usage. I understand Browsing but what constitutes Technology?

Responses

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

3 years ago

And also what I said before was the data was turned off along with apps
using data and still data is through the roof.  And you also said that
only Apple can work on their phones and yet your customer service is
telling customers how to fix the problem. Or insist that the AT&T store
should have plugged in the phone because they could tell if there was a
problem with it. Sure does sound like a breach of contract to me. You
insist AT&T does not do that, but they did.  You can't have it both ways.
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

3 years ago

I never said at&t can't help you change your settings, I said they can't do a warranty replacement. As for the data going through the roof, it is delayed on reporting, meaning the data was already used. If it continued, in what world is data continueing to be used when shut completely off as you say not a faulty phone? Y

The phone is not functioning properly at that point, and there us no way around it. Instead of getting a free warranty replacement from Apple, you choose to go with the collusion idea instead of fixing it. 

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

3 years ago

And I can print plenty of reviews and complaints of Apple phone
customers who claim to have the exact same problem as my daughters
Iphone.  Including racking up data usage with data turned off...... I
would never buy one. I have repaired a few of them myself.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

3 years ago

If the data is being used continuously after being turned off, GO GET YOUR FREE WARRANTY REPLACEMENT. I have no idea why you resist it so much. You claim the phone isn't faulty, then claim twice the phone isn't working properly. If you refuse to actually get it fixed, posting on here is a waste of time and you will see no solution to your issue 

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

3 years ago

No, the first thing my daughter did was contact AT&T to question the
excessive data use as soon as she switched to the IPhone 8. User
error-no. Amazing as soon as she buys a new Apple Iphone that the
overcharges start stacking up. The extra money comes out of her pocket
not mine, but it shouldn't be happening. My daughter is going to take it
to a Apple store to see what they have to say.
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

3 years ago

If it's using data when turned off as you say they are required to either fix it or offer a free replacement that won't do that. 

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

3 years ago

That is replace her new phone with a refurbished, is that what they do?
Sounds like a bad deal to me if that is the case.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.4K Messages

3 years ago

@Unsatisfied2018

Glad your daughter is taking it to Apple.  Only they can adequately diagnose their devices.  

Apple does not replace a new phone with refurbished.  This is why Apple handles their own replacements.  They value their name and are very protective.  They do not want any carrier handing out refurbished replacements.  

By the way... since this concept seems to be beyond you, you need to know that if you have problems with your Motorola, you will have to ship it to Motorola. The retailer you bought it from will not replace or repair it and do not warranty the G5.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

3 years ago

Nobody mentioned refurbished. That was brought up by you, I take it as a reason not to do this. I have no idea why you seen to be so strongly against having apple replace a faulty phone

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

3 years ago

My impression of you is that you are very limited in your ability and
that is why you have been assigned to a chat room. I see you are
climbing up the corporate ladder. I know exactly what I am doing and
this problem will be solved one way or another and without your moronic
input.  If you had any ability or drive, you would not be where you are
now.  I am going to save your last message and send it to someone over
your head. That is no way to reply to a customer. You should be
terminated.  Have a good day.
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

3 years ago

@Unsatisfied2018

You know I do not work for at&t right? All employees are labeled as such. Can't terminate somebody who doesn't work for them. 

"I know exactly what I am doing and
this problem will be solved one way or another and without your moronic
input. " You have a phone e that you have repeatedly said is not working properly, but also argued repeatedly that it's not the phone and it's working ok. You have flipped flopped to avoid actually fixing the problem with a warranty. Call me names all you want, I told you how to fix this long ago but instead of fixing it, you choose to believe that there's a massive collusion against you by the largest companies in the world. Right.... You also haven't figured out you are talking to other customers here. It's a COMMUNITY forum, meaning customer to customer. You started the name calling of other customers here, throwing the first insult, and yet you believe I should be terminated. Since you know exactly what's going on I suspect you mean at

&T should fire me as a customer

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.4K Messages

3 years ago

@Unsatisfied2018

Oh good GRIEF!   This is the community...like the big letter say.  No one responding is an employee.  Geesh.  At least read ..

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

3 years ago

So your joy in life is to spend time on a AT&T message board chastising
people seeking help for not reading contacts between AT&T and Apple.
What makes you qualified to do so?
Why are you wasting my time telling me things I already know.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.4K Messages

3 years ago

If you knew stuff you wouldn’t have bothered here, but gone straight to Apple in the first place.  We are qualified because we read and know how to use google.

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

3 years ago

Oh drop it with you already know everything. You thought I was ab employee, you thought the phone wasn't faulty at the same time admitting it's faulty, you thought at&t should replace your phone when you've signed that you agreed apple will do it. If you already know all of it, why come here to throw insults and argue about it. 

Get started...

Ask a new question