jlzellers's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Apr 14, 2015 2:21 AM

enable portable wifi hotspot.

I have an older AT&T branded phone Pantech Crossover P8000, that is unlocked and being used overseas with a local carrier.  It works wonderfully and has data capability but .......

unfortunately I can't enable wifi hotspot to tether, as I get

"To enable mobile hotspot on this device, go to att.com/mywireless or dial 611"

I am not a AT&T wireless customer but had my phone unlocked by AT&T (They sent me the code to unlock sim network to use overseas).

How can I have the hotspot functionality enabled to use the phone as it was intended (since I am not using AT&T this should be possible).

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Jeremy.

Accepted Solution

GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

7年前

@jlzellers wrote:

I have an older AT&T branded phone Pantech Crossover P8000, that is unlocked and being used overseas with a local carrier.  It works wonderfully and has data capability but .......

unfortunately I can't enable wifi hotspot to tether, as I get

"To enable mobile hotspot on this device, go to att.com/mywireless or dial 611"

I am not a AT&T wireless customer but had my phone unlocked by AT&T (They sent me the code to unlock sim network to use overseas).

How can I have the hotspot functionality enabled to use the phone as it was intended (since I am not using AT&T this should be possible).

I believe that you need to get an updated Caer Settings file for your carrier, now that your phone is unlocked.  The hotspot settings are controlled by that settings file.

• 

1 Message

been a straight talk customer for yrs, I get unlimited everything, why can't I get my mobile hotspot working on here

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6年前

I want my hot spot on pliz

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

6年前

I have seen it repeated that ATT hotspot is a carrier feature and will never work with another carrier.  

If it were possible to use it, your current carrier would have to help you as it is out of ATT's control.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6年前

I want to use the hot spot service on this phone. How do I turn it on.

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

6年前

@dixee1. On what phone? 

On what plan?

On what carrier?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6年前

I have seen it repeated that ATT hotspot is a carrier feature and will never work with another carrier.   If it were possible to use it, your current carrier would have to help you as it is out of ATT's control.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6年前

"To enable mobile hotspot on this device, go to att.com/mywireless or dial 611"   I am not a AT&T wireless customer but had my phone unlocked by AT&T (They sent me the code to unlock sim network to use overseas).   How can I have the hotspot functionality enabled to use the phone as it was intended (since I am not using AT&T this should be possible). Please.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6年前

Yes

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

6年前

What are these ?  Self answering questions?   

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5年前

Hi  I have an unlocked android phone - HTC One M9. Tethering does not work when I travel internationally and use a different carrier.   Where should i get this "Caer settings file" from? ATT ? the other carrier?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4年前

How do I enable my wifi hotspot on my Huawei phone?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3年前

My hostpot móvil no funciona en mi htc eye me podrían ayudar.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3年前

Re:enable portable wifi hotspot

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3年前

Quiero mi internet por tatil por favor

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.