Check Your Usage History
K

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 5:50 PM

Email to text on iPhone - Sender phone number

I work in the medical field, and have a need to send emails to my iPhone using the .txt.att.net address. I have found the emails that are sent to me can come through at any time during the day. So, if I receive a text at 2am, and I'm on call for the company, I will need to act on whatever the issue is. Unfortunately, these text only alert once or twice using the standard text tone. The ideal workflow would be to assign an annoying/loud text tone to a specified contact in my phone. The problem is the phone number coming over as the 'sender' is a random number on the AT&T side. My coworker has sprint, and this is not an issue for him at all. The original sender of the email is sent as the sender of the text. This is what I need!

Has anyone experienced an issue like this before? I've tried the mms.att.net address too, but the sender shows up as a bounce back address.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.2K Messages

9 m ago

Unfortunately, the changing originating number is normal. That is the way ATT’s implementation of email to text works. I’m not sure what you mean by “bounce back address” but using the mms.att.net address should result in all messages coming from the same email address source and it should be the sender of the email. 

• 

3 Messages

9 m ago

Thanks sandblaster. I've seen your post on other questions in this forum, which is why I tried the mms.att.net address. An example of the "bounce back address" I referenced would be: bounces+3088939-d508-myphonenumber=[email scrubbed]. 

Would you happen to know what that "bounces" address represents? I received the email as expected, but the source of the text was odd. I did a quick search on it, and saw some search results of it being a type of bounce back response. This is slightly out of my wheel house. I appreciate any help you can provide. 

(edited)

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.2K Messages

9 m ago

Sorry, I have no idea what that is. Anytime I send a text from email using the mms.att.net address, I get the email I sent the text from as the originating address.

Scholar

• 

154 Messages

7 m ago

Weird.  This never happens for me. Always anonymous.  Maybe because you're an employee?  What device do you use?  Maybe it's device-dependent.

Sorry, I have no idea what that is. Anytime I send a text from email using the mms.att.net address, I get the email I sent the text from as the originating address.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.