For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
HoeneSpringsMike's profile

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, June 25th, 2014 12:54 AM

Does Unite work with range extenders?

Our family is a new 'hot spot' Unite user for our home's internet network. We seem to have problems with devices in the periphery of the home (basement, upstairs, etc) detecting and connecting to the device. I have a Belkin range extender I used with our old wireless but it doesn't seem to like the Unite 'situation'. Does the Unite wireless work with range extenders and are there some that are more friendly than others?

I am not sure that a range extender is the answer to all of our problems we're encountering during this transition but I'm sure that I'm not getting the signal strength throughout the house that I was getting with the Belkin router and extender that I  used previous.

If there is another community board for which this question is more appropriate, please let me know and thanks for any input you can provide!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi HoeneSpringsMike, 

The Unite as well as all of our MiFi devices were not designed to work with range extenders, more of a short range WiFi device to power a laptop and other near by devices. 

You can try and set up the higher range output by the MiFi by following the instructions listed Here. Although this is for saving battery, you want to change the setting to Extended Range or High Power (Verbage may vary based off what revision of the Unite you have). 

There are external antenna's you might be able to get to increase the range but these are usually pretty costly. 

Hope this helps!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.