Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
CptTray's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 9th, 2017 8:51 PM

Closed

Does att charge for wifi calling?

Hi I am a student at SGU on the island of Grenada, which att does not cover with there international plan, however could i use the wifi call/text fuction in the iphone to call/text and receive calls/texts form the us? It looks like it might work without adding extra charges to the account. but I would rather be certain before I go running up a fat bill.

Thanks

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I did that days ago. Thank you for the advice 😊. I will have to wait and see what happens next.. I'm in their que for problem resolution. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.8K Messages

6 years ago

@WeRJustaNumber wrote:

Then is it a form of misrepresentation of the purchase if the description list ATT compatible? 

So it’s Amazon’s fault?   

Just because a phone will work on ATT network, does not mean all features will work.  Advanced calling features are limited to (MOST) ATT branded devices running marshmallow or newer and iPhone 6 or newer.  

How about you read ATT Wifi calling requirements?  (Not all ATT phones are capable)

AT&T Wi-Fi Calling: Requires AT&T Wi-Fi Calling-capable smartphone and Wi-Fi network. Once enabled, phone automatically makes/receives calls/text messages over Wi-Fi in the U.S.,

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hey can you please fix it WiFi at ***** Cary NC 27519 because I need it now 

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Johnssav12 This forum is not customer support. This is not how to contact ATT for repair.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Today I called AT&T customer service after noticing the bill is high and went back one month bill that covered Passport plan taken on my teenage son's number - he was doing summer semester traveling Hongkong, Phillipines.. The customer service is terrible. This is what they told me the wifi calling was charged on the bill and incoming calls are .35c per min to his number when he was overseas and $4 per minute charged as long distance calls although he used Whatsapp turning off LTE there. Two things I tried to convince them the $4 per minute and wifi-calling that did not use any cell tower.. the customer service guy (nice guy - Josh) said yes it does not make sense and he tried to take the charges off but his boss would not let him do that and he may lose his job. When asked he transferred my call to rude supervisors (identified as Kris and Sandy both from Chinese call center overseas) who keep saying the same thing over and over again like I am deaf... All I said is to consider my teenage student situation who was very careful not using the LTE, had the passport plan on his number for overseas use and we were never fully disclosed that wifi calls will be charged like long distance international call @ $4 per min even though we have passport plan that .35c per min is only for incoming calls to his number from his mom from US calling him. Since he called US back it is $4 per min.... I said I failed to understand all this which was never explained when I called AT&T before the trip and I was recommended to take passport plan for his number for that one month. Now my bill is over ~$163 over and the customer service ladies (both Kris and Sandy) with rude customer service said they will not do any adjustment when asked atleast 50% relief... I have 4 lines family plan with AT&T and been long standing 20+years customer. IT is time to Shop all my 4 lines will be out of contract within next 60days.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.