Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
CptTray's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 9th, 2017 8:51 PM

Closed

Does att charge for wifi calling?

Hi I am a student at SGU on the island of Grenada, which att does not cover with there international plan, however could i use the wifi call/text fuction in the iphone to call/text and receive calls/texts form the us? It looks like it might work without adding extra charges to the account. but I would rather be certain before I go running up a fat bill.

Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Rosecel wrote:

what do you mean post paid? I have an iPhone and have AT&T as my provider. I will be in Australia 2 months and want to call and text to the states. And text to Australia numbers. can I do it all for free if I am only using Wifi?

@Rosecel Postpaid means you have a plan that has a monthly bill and not prepaid service. If you have WiFi calling, yes you can do that all over WiFi without any roaming charges. I used WiFi calling from Brisbane to Sydney and on a cruise ship.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi,

I have ATT unlimited calls and text in USA and I am going to be in Switzerland soon. If I activate my WiFi Calling function, and receive calls from the USA, there will be no extra charge on my current bill, right? 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I am a subscriber of ATT and the voip - - wifi calling is blocked from working if you did not purchase an 'ATT' phone from them. Poor choice ATT. Way to screw your existing customer base  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@WeRJustaNumber That is not quite true. It does not matter where you buy your phone from, you just need the version branded for ATT for most phones. You can get any version iPhone and still have WiFi calling.

@Leerickie That is correct, there are no roaming charges when you are on WiFi calling but just being on WiFi does not mean you are on WiFi calling. Unless you see “AT&T WiFi” on your display, you are not on WiFi calling. If you see any other carrier, you are roaming.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I tried to install art's wifi calling app on the unlocked new LG g6 purchased on Amazon prime. The two main features wifi calling and visual voice msg do not work. How do I get my Imei # to be recognized and the ATT software to download or update? 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Att"s apps

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@WeRJustaNumber What you would need is the ATT branded version of android for that phone, which you can’t get since you did not get the ATT branded model. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Then is it a form of misrepresentation of the purchase if the description list ATT compatible? 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

What is the next best solution for wifi calling and visual voicemail ?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Call ATT and give them your IMEI number
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.