For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
robocuc2's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, June 9th, 2014 6:20 AM

data usage enquiry

I have a new iPhone S5 after i I upgraded my old Blackberry through Next. I have a Mobile Share Value Plan 300MB and since I got the new iPhone last week, on the current data usage reports it shows data usage every 3 hours, even if I hadn't used the phone at all or if it was completely turned off. I went to the ATT store and they had no clue about this, so I called ATT tech support and I was told to do an update through iTunes which I did. But the issue still remained. Why does it show that I am constantly using internet/mobile data every three hours when I am not. And why does that even when the phone is turned off? The only way to stop that was to turn off the cellular data on my iPhone, which I did and then during that time it showed no usage of course. But if I keep turned on the cellular data on the iPhone and turn off all the apps, like Facebook myAT&T Twitter etc, I will still get some usage showing on the report even if that's much less than before. Can someone here please explain?  Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have this same problem, but only on my sons phone. He was using glaxy 4 and it was happening. I was about to call att but his phone was then stolen. So I hooked up his old phone just recently. It is now doing it also. When the S4 was mine I did not have this problem and my s5 does not do it. Only when my son is using it. The larger amounts are being in middle of night. He will be using his phone, 20 feet from my wifi router and I'm getting overage txt. I'm sitting right there!!!!Why is this happening?????

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.