Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Feb 12, 2020 4:56 PM

Cruise ship Coverage

I am going on a cruise to Belize, Honduras and two Mexico ports. I am thinking of buying the unlimited data package for WiFi from the ship. I just want to make sure I will not be charged by ATT as long as I have my phone in Airplane Mode ? And i will be able to check emails and social media when connected to wifi?

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72.1K Messages

2 months ago

That is correct. Please turn airplane mode on in settings, not quick settings. . I have noticed that the quick settings on iPhone often is temporary and it turns airplane mode off.
With your phone in airplane mode, you can still turn Wi-Fi and Bluetooth back on.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thanks - so I can use bluetooth to play music too while connected to WIfi? Also it says that the ships have to turn off their WiFi when in port is that true? The ship says it is always on?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72.1K Messages

You will find that the ship's WiFi is insufficient for streaming music. If you want to listen to music via Bluetooth load the music onto your device.

Bluetooth itself is for input or output devices. It does not require Wi-Fi or cellular for Bluetooth to work.

If you are nervous, you can remove the SIM card as suggested. I would recommend you put it in a very safe place. Those suckers are tiny

Cellular at Sea is always turned off when you are near land, I believe it's required.
Wi-Fi Is determined by the ship. If your ship said it always has WiFi on then that is their choice has nothing to do with AT&T.

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

26 Messages

2 months ago

My personal recommendation is that you remove the sim from the device since at the time of turning it on or off some phones do not disable the use of data despite being in avíon mode, this way you will be 100% sure that it will not generate surcharge.

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

2 months ago

Hello,

Cruise ships has a unique package based on th cruise company. See all options and contact info here: https://www.att.com/offers/international-plans/cruise-packages.html

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…