Need your talk or text logs?
Elsazhong's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 8th, 2014 3:21 PM

Could not activate cellular data network iphone 6

Hello,

I am unable to use my data plan and keep receiving an error message says" Could not activate cellular data network". I just switched my phone service from Verizon to AT&T yesterday and also activated my new iphone at the same day, but for some reasons I can't use the internet without the Wifi. Please advise?

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

9 years ago

Hello, Elsazhong!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that your data connection doesn't seem to be working. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message with your contact information, the best time to reach you, and a brief summary of the issue.

You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen. In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Hello, I just got a new iPhone 6 Plus and have the same problem. I can make phone calls and text with my phone but the data is NOT working. I changed from an iphone 5S and when i put the sim card back, the data works just fine. I spent two hours on the phone with technique support and they cannot do anything about it! Please advise

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

Verizon phones will NOT work on AT&T network. You need to purchase a compatible phone in order to use mobile data.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I’m having this problem too. Just moved into new house and WiFi isn’t installed yet. My phone is worthless here without it. Cellular isn’t working and when it does it’s sporadic. Was on the phone with ATT and they simply told me to turn on cellular data. IT WAS ON! My phone is pretty much worthless right now. It must be the area I’m in because it was working fine until I moved here. Very frustrating.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Ken2rae wrote:

I’m having this problem too. Just moved into new house and WiFi isn’t installed yet. My phone is worthless here without it. Cellular isn’t working and when it does it’s sporadic. Was on the phone with ATT and they simply told me to turn on cellular data. IT WAS ON! My phone is pretty much worthless right now. It must be the area I’m in because it was working fine until I moved here. Very frustrating.

1.   It’s a 4 year old thread.

2.   If you don’t have a cell connection you may need to switch to another carrier.

This is not a problem for ATT, they aren’t responsible to make sure you have coverage.  It is entirely on the customer to select a carrier that works, or make adjustments.  Like Wifi calling after internet is installed or install a cell booster.  

It can take many years to add towers, it’s not getting fixed overnight.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.