For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Paulawhite01's profile

• 

1 Message

Friday, April 28th, 2023 1:04 PM

cell booster

Just received a new phone, from AT&T and half the time I have to go outside And am paying an extra 10.00 a month? I have never had this problem before 😒 am just so flustered. Personally I'd like to go through another company but my best friend has no problems and am on he's contact, then I heard about the cell booster? I was just laid off and have to start looking for work.  I really need this phone.. it's a Galaxy A13 very disappointed 😥 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

1 year ago

At the AT&T cell booster is not in fact a cellular booster. It is a microcell it requires you purchase the device at $280, and connect it to a wired home internet service in order for it to create a mini tower in your dwelling. If you already have internet service you don't need it. Just turn on Wi-Fi calling.  

If you are indicating that your friend is postpaid (you used the word 'contract') and you are prepaid, your coverage may be different. Prepaid uses AT&T towers whereas postpaid may use some partner towers and domestic roaming that you do not have access to if you are a prepaid user.  

A13 is a bargain phone, but has all the same connectivity in North America.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.